The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man uses raccoon to start breathalyzer car. Raccoon attacks man

Armada

Great idea in theory... I suppose.

This story is straight out of the movie “Tommy Boy.”

Remember the scene when Chris Farley and David Spade were rolling around in the car with what they thought was a dead deer in the back seat and it woke up and attacked the two?

That same kind of event happened — but this time for real — in San Diego, Calif.

A man who needed to blow into a Breathalyzer to start his car was too drunk to do so. What he did next is almost unbelievable. He somehow found a raccoon going through the garbage, captured it and then used the raccoon to blow into the breathalyzer.

According to a report that was shared on Imgur, the raccoon became unconscious so the man left the raccoon in the car and drove off. A short time after, the raccoon woke up and started to attack the driver.

According to telegraph.co.uk:

He did not stop driving, however, and so he crashed into a residential fence.

The vehicle then apparently ‘came to a stop’ in a swimming pool.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_30_at_11_05_05_AM.pn

I’m not one to judge, but generally when you have a Breathalyzer on your steering wheel it’s there because you haven’t made the best decisions in the past. And this, I have to believe, is this man’s rock bottom. It’s also probably the raccoon’s.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/09/30/man-uses-raccoon-to-start-breathalyzer-equipped-car-raccoon-then-attacks-driver/

How the hell did he get the raccoon to be calm enough to blow without getting savagely ripped to shreds. Raccoons are cute, yes, docile? No.

The man squeezed the raccoon until it lost consciousness before "discarding" it on the floor (possibly assuming it was dead).

The story sounds like it could be a hoax to me but if I was to guess I would say he manhandled the raccoon to the point it was barely conscious which is when he was able to get it to work.

The man squeezed the raccoon until it lost consciousness before "discarding" it on the floor (possibly assuming it was dead).

The story sounds like it could be a hoax to me but if I was to guess I would say he manhandled the raccoon to the point it was barely conscious which is when he was able to get it to work.

That is an actual San Diego PD police report^

That is an actual San Diego PD police report^

San Diego police reported it through Detroit on Imgur? And even if it was reported by them how would they actually know it was true? The word of a drunk man who alleged had this bright idea and went to the local park, found a raccoon to his convenience and caught it then used it to pass the test while squeezing it until it went unconscious only to have it wake up and seek revenge instead of trying to escape.And this guy sat their and took the beating for all those injuries while driving suddenly unable to restrain it again?

To me it sounds fake. Sure it could be real but the story has a lot of odd holes in it.

Archived