The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions for second-ever Canucks game

Petrucci

Hi everyone,

I apologize for having to add another post to the mix, as I have seen these kind of questions asked before, but didn't really know if there was a place with all of this information amalgamated into one post.

I attended my first Canucks game back in 2009 (7-1 routing of the Montreal Canadians) with my Dad, but didn't really take in any of the "extra-curricular" stuff. I'm attending the home-opener on October 10th (thanks to Save On Foods offering cheap/free Canucks Tickets in exchange for points!), and will likely not get the chance to attend another game for at least the forseeable future. In fact, with a potential move to Alberta next year, I might not get to see them here again for a VERY long time.

That said, I'd like to make the most of it. Ideally, I'd like to get my Jersey signed, shake a few hands, watch warm up taking place, and generally maximize my experience there. The only thing I know that I won't be doing is purchasing food or drinks there, as I can't afford to pay for one beer what I can get 6 of them for (or 4 if you prefer decent imports ;)). So, could someone please tell me the best way to go about those things? I'm thinking best place to park, best time to arrive, when and where to be for the best chance to meet players, when and where to be for the best chance at getting an autograph, any rules/things to know about watching warm-up, and just generally the best way to maximize ones experience.

Any tips you can provide would be most helpful. Stay classy CDC, stay classy.

Dan

I prefer to park in a parkade down the road, from what I remember, they exit through gate 9 after the game where you might be able to stop them for autographs-someone might have to correct me on that. Get there a bit earlier, maybe an hour or so, find your seats and head down to the ice to watch warm ups, I wouldn't recommend drinking lots of beer anyway because you have to piss so often that it gets annoying. Be loud and have fun! That's just my advice though.

Hey Dan...awesome that you're getting to your second game. Depending on where you live, you might want to park at River Rock and take the Canada Line to Yaletown Station and walk to Rogers Arena from there. That's what my wife and I do...but we live in White Rock, so that works well for us.

There's not a whole lot of advice I can give you...sounds like you have a great night planned. Get there early...leave late. Soak it all in.

7-1 win in your previous trip to Rogers? You should go to more games.

Go early maybe... 6? if you wanna see the warm up. You can get right down to ice level (behind the glass obviously) but still really neat. If you stand near the player hallway, you can fist bump them and sometimes the autograph gear. Enjoy the game. Maybe I will see you there.

My ticket member email indicates doors open at 5:30 to accommodate special pre-game activities. Anyone been to previous season opens and know what be happening?

If you want to get a free drink (pop/water), sign up for the good sport designated driver program at either guest service desk.

The only thing I know that I won't be doing is purchasing food or drinks there, as I can't afford to pay for one beer what I can get 6 of them for (or 4 if you prefer decent imports. So, could someone please tell me the best way to go about those things? I'm thinking best place to park, best time to arrive, when and where

Stay home by the six pack with what you save on parking. get a much better view and pocket the difference into a TFSA

Best option is to park and take the SkyTrain into Vancouver. Go for a couple beverages somewhere and if you want cheap food, cant go wrong with grabbing a quick bite at Costco then heading into the game. I usually go to Moxies over by the Shark Club or The Pint, its close to the arena and you'll see alot of fans doing so. I suggest going early to either as the places get packed and you wanna be able to eat, have a beverage and be inside Rogers Arena quickly as the new metal detectors have added on a bit of time when entering the arena. Have fun at the game!

Archived