The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cuts tomorrow

GrandpaCanuck

Let's not jump to conclusions, McCann still hasn't faced multiple full NHL rosters without rookies filling in all over. He's very undersized still and Vey has bulked up and has nice heady playmaking upside, if Vey gets the spot, so be it, we can trade him or send him to the Comets if we have to now or down the road.

The biggest "WTF" post i've seen all pre-season. McCaan and the kids played against the Shark's full NHL roster just a few pre-season games ago and McCaan out muscled Brent Burns several of times.

Vey on the other hand, has never showed that he's willing to play a more physical game. I've never seen this guy even touch another player unless he's getting stripped of the puck or getting hit.

I personally feel that Vey should be waived and I also think that no team will claim Vey because majority of the teams roster are set and no team will want to risk Vey on the roster. If he is claimed and later in the season, if they do not like Vey, and tries to send him down, the Canucks will have the first chance of claiming him back. Once he is cleared, he can be very good for Utica and be the first call-up if McCann is sent down after 9 games. If McCann get his 9-game stint and if he can prove it that he is worthy on being the team, he should stick on the team and if he falters, and he can be sent down and it won't hurt McCann's development on the junior. I personally feel that McCann deserved a spot on the team due to his pre-season play and who cares about keeping Vey if McCann is outshining Vey. Center are the Canucks position of strength with or without Vey and McCann already. If Vey is lost by the waiver and McCann needs more seasoning, then call up Cracknell as I liked him with the 4th line with Dorsett and Prust.

Vey on the other hand, has never showed that he's willing to play a more physical game. I've never seen this guy even touch another player unless he's getting stripped of the puck or getting hit.

How can he? He is too busy face planting the ice whenever there is any player near him.

According to Dan Murphys Twitter (I don't have the link)...he seems to think it will be McCann going back to junior.

It's been posted already but Benning has said yesterday, that McCaan would get at least 2 more pre-season games so he might not just be cut yet.

Dan Murphy is never reliable.

Baertschi, Virtanen, and McCann have all earned a spot.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata -Magic.

Virtanen-Horvat-Baertschi - Absolutely clicked!

Hansen-Sutter-Burrows - Experienced 200 ft. fore-checking line.

Gaunce/Kenins-McCann-Dorsett - Gaunce/Kenins and Dorsett make space for McCann in the slot.

Higgins (IR)

Prust - Pretty boy

Kenins/Gaunce - They fight for that last spot

Vey(First call-up) - He would do well in the AHL

Edler-Tanev - Awesome chemistry

Hamhuis-Weber - Defensively responsible plus bomb from the point
Bartowski-Sbisa - Good puck-movers

Hutton - Odds are someone will get injured

Corrado(First call-up) - Hasn't progressed much

Markstrom/Miller (50/50 split) - Ride the hot goalie but I'd prefer they split duty to prevent Miller from injury and because Markstrom looks good!

GoldStar.pngGoldStar.pngGoldStar.pngGoldStar.pngGoldStar.png

5/5 Star Rating

It's been posted already but Benning has said yesterday, that McCaan would get at least 2 more pre-season games so he might not just be cut yet.

Dan Murphy is never reliable.

Well thats good..I'd like McCann to stay...The only problem is there's a real crowd at the centre position,and that would most likely be the reason he would be sent down..IMO

Here's my guess on cuts tomorrow. People aren't going to be happy...

FORWARDS

Jared McCann
Adam Cracknell
Linden Vey

DEFENSE

Matt Bartkowski
Alex Biega
Taylor Fedun

23 MAN OPENING ROSTER

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen
Burrows - Sutter - Vrbata
Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen
Prust - Gaunce - Dorsett
(Kenins) (Higgins)

Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Hamhuis
Sbisa - Weber
(Corrado)

Here's my guess on cuts tomorrow. People aren't going to be happy...

FORWARDS

Jared McCann

Adam Cracknell

Linden Vey

DEFENSE

Matt Bartkowski

Alex Biega

Taylor Fedun

23 MAN OPENING ROSTER

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Burrows - Sutter - Vrbata

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

Prust - Gaunce - Dorsett

(Kenins) (Higgins)

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Hamhuis

Sbisa - Weber

(Corrado)

Bro what you been smokin?

Willie's boy and Jimmie's boy getting the shaft?

HAH!

I'd love it if:

McCann, Gaunce, Hutton, and Virtanen all make the opening night roster and get their 9 game looks.

Hansen is traded for a third round pick

Kenins is sent to Utica and serves as first call up

Kid line is penciled in to the line up

Horvat is the second line Center

Vey decides he wants to be a firefighter and promptly retires from hockey.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbatman

Baertschi - Godvat - Virtanen

Burrows - McCann - Sutteriguess

Gaunce - Brandon "do you even Center, bro?" Prust - Dorsett

The kid line showing immediate chemistry really opens up the line up to new possibilities

Hansen is traded for a third round pick

This has to stop...

What is this non-sense of Hansen trade?

You don't get players like Hansen for $2.5 Million these days.

Tireless worker, shows up every night, forechecks like a demon, hits, is fast, PKs, great teammate, and chips in offensively.

I understand all the nostalgic $&!# attached to Burrows by many fans in Vancouver... but I'd rather trade Burrows over Hansen at this point. Hansen is as good as a bottom 6 player gets. That is how valuable Hansen is.

Baertschi, Virtanen, and McCann have all earned a spot.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata -Magic.

Virtanen-Horvat-Baertschi - Absolutely clicked!

Hansen-Sutter-Burrows - Experienced 200 ft. fore-checking line.

Gaunce/Kenins-McCann-Dorsett - Gaunce/Kenins and Dorsett make space for McCann in the slot.

Higgins (IR)

Prust - Pretty boy

Kenins/Gaunce - They fight for that last spot

Vey(First call-up) - He would do well in the AHL

Edler-Tanev - Awesome chemistry

Hamhuis-Weber - Defensively responsible plus bomb from the point

Bartowski-Sbisa - Good puck-movers

Hutton - Odds are someone will get injured

Corrado(First call-up) - Hasn't progressed much

Markstrom/Miller (50/50 split) - Ride the hot goalie but I'd prefer they split duty to prevent Miller from injury and because Markstrom looks good!

GoldStar.pngGoldStar.pngGoldStar.pngGoldStar.pngGoldStar.png

5/5 Star Rating

Nicely presented but

Corrado has to go on waivers if he is sent down. Team is better off putting Hutton down temporarily rather than risk losing an asset.

Archived