The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Edmonton 2 vs. Vancouver 3 | Pre-season | Oct. 03, 2015 | 7:00 PM PDT | SNET-P

-Vintage Canuck-

@botchford: Asked about the "3 kids" willie says he didn't even think of keeping them together after their 10 pts. "thought they played well"

This is a head scratcher for me.. I know he wants Vrbata with Bo, but why not stick Vrbata with the Sedins? It worked last year. Burrows can play anywhere he even said. Virtanen should be playing with skilled players not plugs.

I think that tonight, they're deciding between Cracknell and McCann and judging by Willies responses, they're leaning towards Cracknell.

I'd be very surprised if they didn't go with Sedin, Horvat and Sutter as their top 3 centres.

The rest of what you're saying, I agree with.

I don't think so... because, McCann isn't going to play on the 4th line. He is much better off playing 20-25 minutes a game in juniors on the 1st line with PP/SH time, than he is playing on the 4th line in a tough grinder role. He would get eaten up. In my opinion, Cracknell has the 4th line C spot pretty much wrapped up with Prust/Dorsett. So it's basically either McCann makes it as 3C or he is cut. The only way for them to do that is to put Sutter on the RW, and so that's what they are doing tonight. I love the thinking/logic of Willie Desjardins.

Waiting to get into the game right now and just saw Chiarelli.

I was so confused for a sec befause I thought he was still with Boston

I'm wondering if management is keeping the kids around to sell tickets, knowing the fans want to see them? Then once the season gets going, and the season's tickets are mostly sold - bye bye littluns?

I don't think so... because, McCann isn't going to play on the 4th line. He is much better off playing 20-25 minutes a game in juniors on the 1st line with PP/SH time, than he is playing on the 4th line in a tough grinder role. He would get eaten up. In my opinion, Cracknell has the 4th line C spot pretty much wrapped up with Prust/Dorsett. So it's basically either McCann makes it as 3C or he is cut. The only way for them to do that is to put Sutter on the RW, and so that's what they are doing tonight. I love the thinking/logic of Willie Desjardins.

Well, that's thinking out of the box. You may be right.

The other players in the equation are Burrows being tried at 3LW (he would otherwise be 1RW) and Virtanen at 4RW which may be his likely draw on opening night. Virt has already had a shot with the twins (and did well)

Archived