The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferklund - what will be the Canucks response on opening night?

HarryCanuck

This Ferklund video summarizes how Flames fans celebrated/ felt about his dirty play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMrNRlLne8Y

This was the best Canucks answer to Ferlands cheap/ dirty play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQLwxMs5Ds - however Bieksa is no longer on the Canucks roster.

First game of the season is vs the Flames, I am wondering if any of the new Canucks are looking to endear themselves to the majority of the Vancouver fan base by ironing Ferland out.

Most hockey players have long memories when it comes to players who do not play within the hockey code - a line which Ferland crossed. Any guesses who might be the first player to seek Ferklund out on opening night?

Prust, Sutter, Virtanen, Bartowski, McCann, Cracknell and Hutton will all be looking to make their mark. Then we have Dorsett, Horvat, Burrows etc who will not have forgotten. Should be an interesting game....

I admired the way Ferkland played; that's playoffs, pal. Wish we had a guy like him.

The Canucks have nobody on their roster who can/will deal with him.

I do not admire anyone who delivers blindside hits 3 mississippi's after the puck left a players stick. My main issue is if you play dirty, then you need to answer the bell when asked. Ferklund thinks it is OK to take cheap shots and not be accountable - this cuts across hockey code. Accountability means a fair bit to me, I can't speak for anyone else.

I do not admire anyone who delivers blindside hits 3 mississippi's after the puck left a players stick. My main issue is if you play dirty, then you need to answer the bell when asked. Ferklund thinks it is OK to take cheap shots and not be accountable - this cuts across hockey code. Accountability means a fair bit to me, I can't speak for anyone else.

Turned down at leats 10 invitations from dorsett and bieksa. late hits, 5 stride hits, leaves his feet half the time and sticks out the leg if he is off course. guys like that are an embarrassment to the team. That's why i was happy when we dumped matt cooke. If you want to run around like a pest fine, but if you are too chicken to even fight players that are smaller than you than you wont last long in this league.

I admired the way Ferkland played; that's playoffs, pal. Wish we had a guy like him.

The Canucks have nobody on their roster who can/will deal with him.

This.

The guy played hard and for the most part fair. Fans should be thanking him for exposing this team for what it was and accelerating the rebuild.

If he were wearing a Canucks jersey, he'd be a folk hero.

Turned down at leats 10 invitations from dorsett and bieksa. late hits, 5 stride hits, leaves his feet half the time and sticks out the leg if he is off course. guys like that are an embarrassment to the team. That's why i was happy when we dumped matt cooke. If you want to run around like a pest fine, but if you are too chicken to even fight players that are smaller than you than you wont last long in this league.

The simple solution is not even to give him an option.

Get over it man, it's the playoffs, not !@#$ October when you're trying to settle old scores or send messages.

Have you been paying attention at all? There's been very little of those shenanigans in the playoffs the last few years. Players are trying to get the opposition to take penalties without taking one themselves. You don't think the coaches are on them about that when there's so much at stake?

This Ferklund video summarizes how Flames fans celebrated/ felt about his dirty play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMrNRlLne8Y

This was the best Canucks answer to Ferlands cheap/ dirty play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cQLwxMs5Ds - however Bieksa is no longer on the Canucks roster.

First game of the season is vs the Flames, I am wondering if any of the new Canucks are looking to endear themselves to the majority of the Vancouver fan base by ironing Ferland out.

Most hockey players have long memories when it comes to players who do not play within the hockey code - a line which Ferland crossed. Any guesses who might be the first player to seek Ferklund out on opening night?

Prust, Sutter, Virtanen, Bartowski, McCann, Cracknell and Hutton will all be looking to make their mark. Then we have Dorsett, Horvat, Burrows etc who will not have forgotten. Should be an interesting game....

Go and look at how the Ducks played him. They ignored him and put points on the board. He's not that good that we should be taking extra measures.

Imo it wasn't Ferland that gave us problems it was fatigue coping with too many injuries during the regular season.

This.

The guy played hard and for the most part fair. Fans should be thanking him for exposing this team for what it was and accelerating the rebuild.

If he were wearing a Canucks jersey, he'd be a folk hero.

Except he is not a Canuck, therefore, I do not consider him a folk hero. He is up there with players like Marchand, I do not want players like this wearing a Canucks jersey.

I would love for someone to hold him accountable. It is a long season, I was just wondering if it is going to happen on opening night or later in the year. Someone is gonna do it.

Archived