The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How lucky are Canucks fans?

stanleycanucks

On the dawn of a new season in Canucksland, I'm struck by just how fortunate we've all been to be able to have had Daniel and Henrik Sedin to watch for these past 15 years.

It is special to have twins playing in the league. It's very special when they're on the same team. It's super special when they play together, and then it's freaking amazingly special when they both win the Art Ross in their careers and are such incredible human beings. How happy are parents whose kids look up to these two, instead of players like, oh, I dunno, Patrick Kane?

Enjoy these two, Canucks fans. There will never be anything like Daniel and Henrik ever again.

And here we are, getting another season to watch their Sedinery and another year for this team and its fans to benefit from their class and humility.

#SedinsRule

PS And, we've got this youth coming up who will have them as mentors. Lucky!

post-35354-0-64946800-1443999339_thumb.j

We've been very lucky. Henrik and Daniel always showed up, even if the rest of the team quit. That's part of what makes them so special. One of my favourite memories of the Twins was Game 6 of the Cup Final. Start of the third, score's 4-0 Boston, the game's already lost, and every one knew it. The Sedin's never quit though, and Henrik took it upon himself to score and start the rally. It failed, but they sparked the entire team and gave them hope. They've done that every game almost. We are so lucky.

If nothing else, they've been skilled leaders and role models who let their play do the talking.

Even in the playoffs where their physical compete level were questioned, they still battled hard.

Hope Bo, Jake, Jared, Sven, Brendan and the kids learn from 22 and 33 while they're around!

We are lucky? This is news to me. Entertainment is great, yes, but I want to win and we have still never won a Stanley Cup.

It's never enough for some people. I love hockey as much as the next guy but it's just a game. We've been entertained immensely by the Sedins. So yes, we have been lucky.

Well put OP, I got a little misty there, weird water like substance made everything blurring for a second, gross.

There is still time for them to win a cup here, and some of our prospects give me real hope(not that phoney hope politicians sell you) that they will win a cup here, as 3-4th liners with PP time.

Got a "soft" spot for them Swedish twinsies, and no, I'm not saying they're soft, "sarcastic quotation marks".

Great thread. We should all thank our lucky stars. They have been worth the price of admission and more. For the "but we haven't won a cup with them" crowd, its more that GMs have not put together the other pieces like a decent second line, a top rung anchor defenceman, etc to back them up. They have done their jobs on all counts. Thanksgiving is coming up. We should add the Sedins to our thankyou lists.

Archived