The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Corrado claimed by Toronto Maple Leafs

As reported by the Score:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/847509

The Toronto Maple Leafs have claimed defenseman Frank Corrado off waivers from the Vancouver Canucks, reports Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

Corrado was placed on waivers by the Canucks on Monday.

The 22-year-old appeared in 10 games for the Canucks last season, registering one goal.

He collected 16 points in 35 games with Vancouver's AHL affiliate, the Utica Comets, in 2014-15.

The Canucks made Corrado a fifth-round pick in 2011.

Aww dammit. Waive sbisa and we still have everyone...

Oh give me a break. Sbisa is a young and promising defenceman who CDC has demonized as their whipping boy. Any time would be lucky to have Sbisa in their depth pool as he can easily develop into a top 4 defenceman in a few years.

Oh give me a break. Sbisa is a young and promising defenceman who CDC has demonized as their whipping boy. Any time would be lucky to have Sbisa in their depth pool as he can easily develop into a top 4 defenceman in a few years.

Exactly. I think people forget that Sbisa is only 24 or something. You'd rather have a 22 year old Corrado who's development has been stunted, and apart from the 2013 playoffs, has done nothing in the NHL, over a 24 year potential top 4 Dman who's arguably our most physical player?

Mind you he could have been traded, you can't be upset at management for sending Corrado down. He didn't deserve a spot on the team. He should just be given one because of his waiver status? Please.

No he should not have been given a spot, but Hutton is not likely going to be a full time option and the Canucks could have used the extra defense body, bringing Hutton up if injuries arise etc.

Not a fan of this move but excited to see what Hutton can bring.

Archived