The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Corrado claimed by Toronto Maple Leafs

Hope you're trolling right now

I wouldn't say he/she is. I agree with that assessment completely.

It's only when Sbisa tries to be more than he is does he get into trouble. As the preseason went on and he played with someone other than Bieksa (who killed the stats of both Hamhuis and Edler in prior years) he improved quite steadily.

Ugh. This team is maybe THE worst when it comes to asset management. Could've gotten a pick out of this, instead they give him away for free...... gonna be a looong season.

GM's generally aren't in the business in giving up picks when they know a team has to waive players.

Sad to lose him. I think sending him down was a big mistake. Shouldn't be throwing away decent defensive prospects like that.

Although I agree it is sad to lose him, I still think Benning made the right decision.

Who would we have sent down instead? Hutton? Hutton clearly outplayed Corrado all pre-season, so if you end up sending down Hutton you are telling your young players that performance is outweighed by logistics and this will destroy morale among players.

Quite "frankly", I don't think Corrado was going to have a spot on this team anyways. Even if we lose Hamuis or Bartkowski later this year, I think both Subban, Pedan and Fedun are going to fight for those spots and all three showed they can be better players than Corrado.

Ugh. This team is maybe THE worst when it comes to asset management. Could've gotten a pick out of this, instead they give him away for free...... gonna be a looong season.

Please explain how they could have acquired a pick?

Do you honestly think that management didn't try to trade him before exposing him? Give your head a shake. It just sucks that most GMs know if you are peddling someone off the bottom of your roster that you are likely tossing him in the trash heap.

Sort of surprised that he got claimed. He's from the area so I doubt he's upset.

Don't care too much for his loss, I think we rushed him into the NHL a few seasons ago and stunted his developed.

Toronto loves former Canucks.

Always hard to see a prospect lost but I doubt his limited time a couple years ago did much to stunt his growth. I think it has more been a case of he has not progressed since then and in fact regressed. TO spend 2 years in Utica supposedly building his pro game only to be beaten out by a college prospect tells me he either didn't prepare right or his ceiling is not that high.

Hahaha...biggest F U by the Leafs I've ever seen. But like people have said. It's not like we just lost a future generational player. Corrado's development has digressed over the past year. Not sure how good of an NHL defenceman he'll turn out to be.

It's not like the Leafs just claimed a once in a generation superstar. Corrado became expendable. That wasn't the case this time last year. It is the case this year, unexpectedly.

Yep, this.

Sucks to lose an asset, but he brought pretty much what Tanev, Hamhuis, and Bartkowski bring.... only less so.

It is too bad we couldn't trade him for another D prospect who was close to NHL ready and could have been called up as injury reserve without waivers. That is what we need right now.

Hahaha...biggest F U by the Leafs I've ever seen. But like people have said. It's not like we just lost a future generational player. Corrado's development has digressed over the past year. Not sure how good of an NHL defenceman he'll turn out to be.

In couple years when the leafs are in a tough situation on who to keep and to put on waivers will stick it right back to them. Karma's a B****

When you don't have enough spots open, this is what happens. Our choice was to sign a guy like Bartkowski, or not. They chose to sign Bartkowski, and left it between Hutton and Corrado to decide who our prospect d-man for the year will be.

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Sbisa

Hutton-Weber

Corrado

or

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Sbisa

Bartkowski-Weber

Hutton

Does it make that much of a difference if we signed Bartkowski? Nope.

imho The pressure is now on Bartkowski, not Hutton, to perform. He's a UFA along with Hamhuis and Weber. He'll be after a raise.

ps. We're going to lose more prospects than this going forward. Not everyone will make it. Going to be some tough decisions going forward, esp. if we continue signing marginal FA's.

Archived