The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why on team 1040 is everyone ripping into Canucks Management?

captaincowbasher

People are all upset about "Asset management", you don't think Benning and Lou A. didn't talk about this prior to the Canucks putting Frank on the wire. Frank has not developed and other Dmen have moved ahead of him on the depth charts. Frank is from Ontario and they are in need of a Rhand Dman. This way to the player the Canucks have done the classiest thing they could do, move him home and he starts in the NHL. Well done Jim and Trev, don't listen to the nay-sayers your plan is sound.You guys know exactly what we need to compete in the pacific, more players like Trev.

I swear people liked Corrado cuz he had a cool name. Still trying to figure what everyone else boner'd over this guy for.

To be fair, he was by far our top rated defensive prospect, and we gave him away for Hutton, someone who MIGHT work out - and even then we could have just brought him up and not lost Corrado.

But it is what it is. I like the Miller move and the Sutter trade so we shall see.

its probably a bunch of people angry over bo sang, kesler, raymond, goalies, bieksa ect...

The idea of team 1040 is good but I can't stand to listen to it. So negative or clueless.

I think the worst part about it is how media can shape the opinions of other fans as well. It's unfortunate as they have the ability to make or break the "community environment". They could provide the Canucks with a positive fanbase, yet they choose to be negative about everything.

Of course, in the end, everyone has their own opinion, but opinions tend to be shaped by outside sources (such as media!)

I swear people liked Corrado cuz he had a cool name. Still trying to figure what everyone else boner'd over this guy for.

He was the best NHL-ready D prospect, but then he later got outplayed by another 22 year old D who never played pro yet.

He also got outplayed by a 27 year old.

Concerning isn't it?

I tend to not watch or listen to any Canucks' segment done by the media.

I'm upset Corrado was waived cause I would have rather kept him over Weber.

That is interesting...

Despite the Sbisa hate club, I personally thought Weber played the worst. I thought they should have made Corrado and Weber play for their jobs and pick the better player but Corrado want given much of a chance. I think the club was too preoccupied picking their jaws off the floor watching Hutton

To be fair, he was by far our top rated defensive prospect, and we gave him away for Hutton, someone who MIGHT work out - and even then we could have just brought him up and not lost Corrado.

But it is what it is. I like the Miller move and the Sutter trade so we shall see.

We have one of the weakest defence prospect pools in the league. Not that much of an accomplishment to be the best of that group. After trading Bieksa and Clendening Benning talked about Corrado being NHL ready and making the roster as a RHD. Corrado didn't impress at all at camp and was outplayed by a fellow prospect who had 4 games of pro hockey experience.

I don't see Corrado as too big of a loss, he hasn't shown much improvement and may have even regressed since his appearances in the 2013 playoffs. There's a lot of defencemen like him available through free agency and waivers.

People are all upset about "Asset management", you don't think Benning and Lou A. didn't talk about this prior to the Canucks putting Frank on the wire. Frank has not developed and other Dmen have moved ahead of him on the depth charts. Frank is from Ontario and they are in need of a Rhand Dman. This way to the player the Canucks have done the classiest thing they could do, move him home and he starts in the NHL. Well done Jim and Trev, don't listen to the nay-sayers your plan is sound.You guys know exactly what we need to compete in the pacific, more players like Trev.

Well the the management had the option to avoid putting Corrado on waivers (either by keeping 8 defenseman or by putting Higgins on LTIR). I think that is their main point of contention. Moreover, I don't think they liked losing Corrado when we are already thin on defensive prospects.

I think some people are questioning whether or not Hutton has had enough time to prove he is better than Corrado. Yes, he outplayed Corrado in the preseason but Hutton has only played in 4 AHL games and no NHL games. Personally, I think this is another small mistake by Benning and co. It isn't that I think Corrado will be a great defenseman (or even an NHL regular). But personally, I would have kept 8 d-men to start the year and alternated between Corrado and Hutton to see which one is better (in that time another d man may have got injured anyway). This way it would've bought a little more time to evaluate Corrado vs Hutton. Moreover, our defensive depth is now a little more shallow for call-ups.

the reason people are mad is because we throw away assets all the time but keep garbage vets like weber

do you want a 25 yr old weber who is a defensive liability thats soft as butter but ok on pp that makes 1.5 mill or do u want a 21-22 yr old d man that isnt soft and isnt horribly defensively and makes 600k

lets trade a 2nd rounder for vey then waive him

lets trade a forsling for clendenning then trade him btw forling is gonna make hawks in 1-2 yrs and be great

lets eign miller for 6 mill a yr when u can have two good goalies lack and markstrom make a combined 2.8 mill then trade the guy who made us clinch playoffs for a third rounder thats awful asset management

Archived