The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN Clowns Pick Vancouver 13th in the West

Barry_Wilkins

... ahead of only AZ.

The ex-Carolina dude and Ferraro throw up the usual tired narrative of "are they rebuilding or going for it?". As if it has to be one or the other.

The Sedins will still make a dependable 1st line. Horvat will help make the 2nd line dangerous. And our D, though it's still a concern, is quicker, which should make things easier on break-outs (and puck possession stats).

I still pick Van 3rd in the division and 6th in the conference.

Thoughts?

... ahead of only AZ.

The ex-Carolina dude and Ferraro throw up the usual tired narrative of "are they rebuilding or going for it?". As if it has to be one or the other.

I thought in the summer the fog was starting to clear in Ferraro's head on this, but it sounds like the clouds have rolled back in.

Ain't nobody picking the Canucks to do anything, and many have them bottom-3 in the conference. Perfect.

I'd be happy with a good draft pick, but I think we will be in the playoffs

Much of it hinges on the young guys, but if the vets perform that should be enough.

As for drafting, so far JB's picks in the early 20s are not looking bad at all. The bottom-out year has already happened, we're establishing a new foundation and are on the way back up.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from the makeup of the team.

The second line could surprise and provide some solid secondary scoring for the Twins, who I hope would be with Burr. Action Man Verb can also score, while Suits, Honey Badger, Cracker and the Smash Bros form a solid bottom 6.

Eddie and Tan Man should be solid as ever while apparently Hutton and Pizza have found chemistry. Depending on how Hammer and Bart play together (who's gonna attack is my question) that could be a solid D-group too, and if Miller and Markie Mark hold up in net they could easily surprise. Look out league.

meh

they could finish anywhere from 6-13. I'd have them at the 9-12 range in the conference.

anaheim/stl/nashville/chicago/minnesota/winnipeg/calgary/los angeles are my eight teams ahead of the canucks. edmonton's still awful outside of their top six, i think mcdavid goes PPG, but it doesn't take away from how crap their roster is. SJ/COL/DAL are the teams I think are in the same range as vancouver.

i think it is fair to ask that question, because the teams that aren't on either side are generally in that range of being a first round exit or just missing the playoffs. but it's a successful season if they integrate youth, and right now they're showing a willingness to do that. if we're sitting past both virt/jared's 9 game mark and they've been sent down, it's going to be disappointing.

ferraro is probably the best on air hockey personality in terms of actual knowledge and the way he handles himself. ward is god awful.

but again, i don't really care if we make the playoffs or not if we integrate youth. right now it looks as if we are willing to.

... ahead of only AZ.

The Sedins will still make a dependable 1st line. Horvat will help make the 2nd line dangerous. And our D, though it's still a concern, is quicker, which should make things easier on break-outs (and puck possession stats).

Thoughts?

Would they still be clowns if they picked us top 5 or in the playoffs? West is strong, can see a lot teams expecting to make it. On paper I would pick in no particular order:

Ana

Chi

LA

STL

Dal

Col

Minny

Cgy

Can see us, SJ, WPG maybe Edm battling hard for a spot or 2 if any of those teams fall.

... ahead of only AZ.

Thoughts?

Last year I complained that we weren't rebuilding enough but if the kids stay and Gaunce is eventually brought up I can't really bitch and neither can mr Ferraro.

Archived