The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom injured

Me_

So does this mean we don't dress a backup tonight versus Calgary?

IIRC, we can emergency recall Bachman, but only on the 2nd game after first dressing a roster that fails to meet the "18 and 2" minimum (18 skaters and 2 goalies), as per CBA Article 50.10 (e).

And we don't have the cap space to add Bachman via a normal call up (with Markstrom on IR). Unless one of the skaters is demoted first.

EDIT: This is assuming we don't LTIR Higgins (which was the reason we waived those guys the other day). And assuming Markstrom isn't hurt badly enough, let's hope, for him to go on LTIR. /EDIT

Gonna be interesting to see who's dressed tonight.

Markstrom is very capable of stealing the job. I'm basing this off last year's ahl playoffs and how solid he's looked so far. Throw in Miller's regression and it's not hard to believe that Marky could be starting begore season's end.

Throw in your need to destroy others and you have yourself a great life bud.

I have one foot on the side of the fence where this really sucks and could hurt our playoff hope. The other one is firmly on the side that says I hope the kids play well but we come up short and get a high draft pick.

This is a no lose year for me and it will be fun. I think I will take one sign that says "Go Canucks" and one that say " Matthew's" on it.

Archived