The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3 on 3 and the use of the Sedins in OT now?

Noseforthenet

So I was thinking about it and 3 on 3 will be ruled by those players with a ton of speed. The more I think about it, we may see ALOT of OT games lost this year because the Sedins aren't fast enough to chase down anybody. Especially with that much open ice. If guys like Gaudreau, Toews, Eichel, Hall, and the like have that much open ice, they're gone. Thoughts, ideas. All welcome.

Every time the Sedins have played 3 on 3 they have been in the offensive zone for basically their full shift. My concern is Willie playing them enough in OT. He should be playing them, resting them for a shift and throwing them right back out there.

Totally agree. Alternate the twins with Edler, and then Bo & Vrby with Hutton.

The Twins are very intentional when it comes to setting things up and putting pucks on net without giving up chances.

What's more, if speedsters do come on I'd feel confident with any two of Horvat/ McCann/ Sutter/ Hansen and one of Hutton/ Tanev/ Bartkowski (who's actually pretty mobile out there). With guys with those skill-sets (two-way with speed and ability to counter-punch offensively) we'd have a good chance.

Archived