The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Florida Panthers Sellout opening night

Mackcanuck

Well look who is popular all of a sudden!
Huge turnaround
Last season on Oct 13 2014,
they set a record for the lowest attendance record ever for a NHL game, (7,311)

This years opening night

Willie Mitchell@Willie_Mitch33 4h4 hours ago
Long ways from a year ago. 19,000+ sellout! Thanks @FlaPanthers fans for the incredible energy.

CRCgNW5WEAEr-hi.jpg

Nice to see a full house in Sunrise, FL. Sorry to be a killjoy, but I wonder how many of the tickets were sold at a discount or given out? Hoping the owners are keeping with their vision of creating a demand for Panthers tickets by not giving tickets away.

Good on Willie to salute the fans through social media...sure do miss having him in a Canucks jersey.

I'd hope so. Parking at the Rog costs more than this.

ticket_promos_banner.png1000x1000_ValuePack.jpg

Florida Panthers Value Pack Purchase a Florida Panthers Value Pack for select games this 2015-16 season! The Value Pack is a great and affordable way to take a group of four to enjoy all of the Florida Panthers action this season. The package includes 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas and a parking pass.

Click here to purchase your Value Pack for Select Games!

Nice to see a full house in Sunrise, FL. Sorry to be a killjoy, but I wonder how many of the tickets were sold at a discount or given out? Hoping the owners are keeping with their vision of creating a demand for Panthers tickets by not giving tickets away.

Good on Willie to salute the fans through social media...sure do miss having him in a Canucks jersey.

If there were tickets given out or extremely discounted how can that hurt when the seats would otherwise be empty ?

If it is indeed the case then you just got more exposure and for those at the game being in a " full house " atmosphere ( where you are allowed to make noise as I understand it ) this would create a demand as well.

I'd hope so. Parking at the Rog costs more than this.

ticket_promos_banner.png1000x1000_ValuePack.jpg

Florida Panthers Value Pack Purchase a Florida Panthers Value Pack for select games this 2015-16 season! The Value Pack is a great and affordable way to take a group of four to enjoy all of the Florida Panthers action this season. The package includes 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas and a parking pass.

Click here to purchase your Value Pack for Select Games!

That's cheaper to take a family than a movie here!?!?!

If there were tickets given out or extremely discounted how can that hurt when the seats would otherwise be empty ?

Because it's a false sign that this market is still a viable (profitable ) NHL option, and giving away huge numbers of tickets hurts the overall league in the long run despite making some people happy in the short term.

Most of you guys probably weren't even born yet but there was a time when the Canucks were drawing crowds of around 8500 to an average mid week game. It took Pavel Bure to really turn things around and start bringing the people back to games and this is a Canadian city with not much competition from other pro sports.

They did say last year they were going to stop the practice of giving away or severely discounting tickets as a thank you to the people who are buying tickets through regular means. No idea if that's continuing this year or even if this was a one off to get the season started.

If it is indeed the case then you just got more exposure and for those at the game being in a " full house " atmosphere ( where you are allowed to make noise as I understand it ) this would create a demand as well.

It's a bit of a slap in the face for people who buys season's tickets or similar. As I mentioned the team put a stop to just trying to fill seats any way they could last year since it gave no incentive to the people who were paying to continue to do so.

As we've seen, it's not like their ticket prices are that high though.

While Panthers tickets are far more affordable than Canucks tickets (and their money worth more...), the new ownership has put a stop to giving tickets away. That's what the last owner did and all it accomplished was to devalue the team in the public's mind, to position hockey as something not worth paying for. That's been a major point the new ownership has been trying to address, so I seriously doubt any tickets were given away, or even offered at a discount.

Rather, they are offering good hockey at affordable prices and specifically targeting families looking for an affordable activity. Add to that the fact that the Panthers have put a lot of effort into community activity based advertising and have a far better team on the ice last season and it's not hard to see why people are buying tickets. And if the team keeps putting an effort in like we saw last night, hopefully they won't have too much trouble selling most of their tickets on a regular basis.

Archived