The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks To Introduce Individual Goal Songs

CanucksFan95

Really excited about this decision by the team. Personally I just want to hear "RELEASE THE CRACKNELL" after Cracknell scores. I will try to update as we hear more of the songs throughout the season.

1. Brandon Sutter - I Like It, I love It By Tim McGraw

2. Jared McCann - Tsunami by DVBBS x Borgeous

3. Daniel Sedin - Electric Worry By Clutch (previously the Canucks 2011-2013 Goal song)

4. Radim Vrbata - How You Like Me Now? By The Heavy (as voted by the fans)

5. Matt Bartkowski - Callin' Baton Rouge By Garth Brooks (sorry there's no official version on YT so karaoke will have to do)

6. Henrik Sedin - Holiday by Green Day (previously the 2009-2011 goal song)

7. Derek Dorsett - Whoomp! (There It Is) by Tag Team

8. Chris Tanev - Hot In Herre by Nelly

9. Luca Sbisa - Gold On The Ceiling by The Black Keys (previously the 2013-2014 goal song)

10. Bo Horvat - Put On By Young Jeezy feat. Kanye West

From canucks.com:

Forget the line-up, who should be on the power play or which goalie deserves to start, the biggest controversy in Vancouver Canucks history surrounds the team’s goal song.

Ya, bring back Holiday by Green Day, some of you just yelled; the song we have now is awesome, just leave it! exclaimed others.

Oct1415_music2_rr.jpg

Few teams in the NHL have discovered a single goal song that is universally adored by their fan base. We’ve tried and tried and tried…and tried. And nothing. There have been a few bright spots, tunes that worked for a while, yet didn’t stand the test of time.

We took a step back this off-season and rethought the entire process. Why is the goal song even up for debate, shouldn’t the player who scores get to choose the music?

Bingo.

For the past few weeks we’ve been hounding the Canucks to each choose an individual goal song – that’s right, we’re moving from a team song to personalized choices of the players. (The exception will be when it's unclear who scores, then The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) by U2 will play).

You’re in for a treat.

Youngsters like Bo Horvat, Ben Hutton, Jake Virtanen and Jared McCann were quick with their responses. They each made a few changes to their songs to find one that fit just right.

Others, like Daniel and Henrik Sedin and Alex Edler, said they didn’t really care, they’ve enjoyed what has played in the past. Those easy-going Swedes, I tell ya.

Oct1415_music3_rr.jpg

The new goal songs will premiere Friday night when the Canucks host the St. Louis Blues and during any given home game for the rest of the season, fans will be treated to the sounds of new and old school hip-hop, electric, rock and country music, depending on the player who scores.

One player didn’t have a song preference, but he was adamant on who should choose it: you.

Radim Vrbata’s goal song is non-existent at the moment (and not just because the Canucks leading goal scorer from last season has yet to find the back of the net); the veteran forward wanted fans to choose his song, so that’s just what we’re hoping you’ll do.

Comment below with your song suggestion, link to a video of the song if possible, and we’ll see what the fans have to say. Rock, rap, reggae? It’s up to you.

Speak now or forever hold your piece of music.

Sounds fun. I wonder if Trump would approve Radim using "Dream On".

Even better, the mashup of Zep, Aerosmith and James Brown. Love the energy in this.

Thanks to Elvis for advice on posting videos. Always wondered, but never asked.

Wow I love vrby even more. That's a class move and pays respect to us fans.

It's a shame there's a bunch of gutless lunatics asking for him to be traded based on a pointless preseason line up comment.

Where do we vote for vrbys song?

Archived