The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion: Baertschi losing favour with Willie

Sedintwinpowersactivate

Are we just learning what Cgy already found out years ago?

Tired of these failed reclamation projects, certainly, esp. when it's costing us good picks.

Hopefully some other projects work though and we maintain mediocrity for years to come. Yay.

/lol

So we should give up on "reclamation projects" then? What do you think Markus Naslund and Todd Bertuzzi were???

What the actual heck?

Baer, aside from last game, has been creating more offensive chances than any forward not named Sedin. The team did not get many goals anyway, and then Prust replaces him. Plus, he's been good defensively, and even outmuscled Perry on a clear scoring chance.

I think WD would be wrong to put Baer in the doghouse.

Clearly the Lalji quote is twisted way beyond context. Just listen to Willie on Bear after practice today.

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=6&id=847296&lang=en&_ga=1.12121014.343158303.1442868685

He states and i quote "i am not upset with the way he has been playing" @ 1 :58

Lalji is trash.

Clearly the Lalji quote is twisted way beyond context. Just listen to Willie on Bear after practice today.

http://video.canucks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=6&id=847296&lang=en&_ga=1.12121014.343158303.1442868685

Lalji is trash.

wow just more reasons to hate on the media surrounding the Canucks all they want to do is create controversy which i understand it sells more views hits papers whatever but the professionalism is the lowest it could possibly be with this bs from them

Lalji is trash.

Thank goodness. Baer has been great.

I agree that Baertschi could stand to work a little harder - particularly when not in possession.

Baertschi has had his moments - has obvious skills - but he also needs to be a bit more consistently engaged imo. He's shown at times a bit of a wait-for-an-opportunity disposition, where he turns it up when there is an opportunity (floating at times would be a bit harsh), but isn't creating as much because he's not consistently approaching the game with that effort - it's spotty - and that's not good enough to hold onto your spot full time with the likes of McCann and Virtanen pushing you.

I also think that those two younger guys may represent a better fit for their respective lines - so I wouldn't be surprised to see Baertschi in the 13 spot at times - imo he's in a tight competition for minutes and needs to show more intent. I don't see it as a 'doghouse' situation though - simply a competition to hold onto those minutes.

Fine - he hasn't done anything spectacular yet. But we need a bigger sample to make a better judgement on his play. The line hasn't found chemistry at all and Vrbata looks way too uninterested to make stuff happen. Vrby needs to get more emotion into it and find net with his shot. Which is a beauty BTW when it's on target.

I agree with WD.

Baertschi has had his moments - has obvious skills - but he also needs to work harder. He's shown at times a bit of a wait-for-an-opportunity disposition, where he turns it up when there is an opportunity, but isn't creating as much because he's not consistently approaching the game with that effort - it's spotty - and that's simply not good enough to hold onto your spot with the likes of McCann and Virtanen pushing you.

I also think that those two younger guys may represent a better fit for their respective lines - so I wouldn't be surprised to see Baertschi in the 13 spot at times - imo he's in a tight competition for minutes and needs to show more intent.

which is perfect for this team the young players should know their job is on the line every single night have a bad night you will be in the press box replaced with another young player

Lalji is trash.

Yeah, unfollowed that prick a year ago. Everything he says about Canucks is just dripping with disdain. He PM'd me and said most people call him a homer. Bull.

Just a case of musical rookies. Baertschi is left without a chair this time around, because it remains to be seen what the lineup looks like with the true rookies in there. I don't think Sven looked particularly bad out there, but he also didn't impress.

Watching a game from the pressbox should provide the proper motivation to crank up his game. Willie has the luxury of tinkering with the lineup due to early team success and the fact that many different line combinations are working.

Archived