The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet packages

JoshuaGuy

I'm sure this was a topic within the last couple months but "Search Forums" is not working for me at all. Does anyone have any information on the cheapest option for JUST sportsnet for JUST Canucks in B.C. ? I tried contacting Shaw but they were relatively useless. Same with Bell. Dude gave me a link to TSN 1040 for "Telecasts" and tried to sell me the "Better" package to receive TSN 1-5. Haven't tried Telus yet but I seem to recall someone here saying they got Sportsnet on Bell for ~$40/month. Thanks in advance.

Don't all of the providers sell the nhl center ice pack. I've had it with shaw digital, bell express vu and now with eastlink. I've always paid around 200 bucks a year for it and now that I'm with eastlink up here in cold lake it's 33 per month but I can cancel when seasons over.

I believe I was with shaw when I got it in bc.

Had a coworker tell me shaw has a promo for $20 basic HD cable if you're an internet customer. They called him though...

I'd also like to know.

Apparently the new CRTC regulations that will force cable companies to charge per channel kick in next August. I'm pretty sceptical that it will actually be pay per channel, but that would be awesome.

Oh I just noticed you said just sportsnet. I don't know about that. Sportsnet doesn't even carry all of the games do they?

All 82 games are on sportsnet this year. Center ice doesn't work for me as it's an "out of market" option so if you live in the market they black out those games. Same with Rogers Gamecenter, which I currently use. It's blacking out 30+ games on me. This is asinine. I just want to watch the Canucks, no other television, and I don't want to pay $80/month to do it. They pretty much force people to use not so legal methods.

You have to add $10 package to get pacific and 360

It shows snp (pacific) under the personal tv. I don't know about 360 though.. that doesn't seem to be included. But I don't think I've ever seen a canucks game on 360 anyway. They always seem to be pacific with the occasional one on Sportsnet vancouver - which is included as well.

Pretty much. You get the basic package with any of the providers then add from there. Most should have a sports group of channels that has TSN and Sportsnet without breaking the bank. You shouldn't have to buy the extra sports channels or Center Ice to watch the Canucks games.

All 82 games are on sportsnet this year. Center ice doesn't work for me as it's an "out of market" option so if you live in the market they black out those games. Same with Rogers Gamecenter, which I currently use. It's blacking out 30+ games on me. This is asinine. I just want to watch the Canucks, no other television, and I don't want to pay $80/month to do it. They pretty much force people to use not so legal methods.

really? I've lived in calgary; 100 mile house and cold lake. Had the center ice pack for years now. Never had a game blacked out. That's why I got it in the first place. Maybe the people you should contact is sportsnet

They might have a contact place on there site.

really? I've lived in calgary; 100 mile house and cold lake. Had the center ice pack for years now. Never had a game blacked out. That's why I got it in the first place. Maybe the people you should contact is sportsnet

They might have a contact place on there site.

You were probably subscribed to the local channels as well. When they were blacked out on the CI channels, it just referred to you to the appropriate channel in your regular subscriptions. CI is pretty much useless as I won't watch many games aside from Canucks.

Maybe you can get a proxy/VPN to change your location to somewhere else in Canada that is outside of BC?

It shows snp (pacific) under the personal tv. I don't know about 360 though.. that doesn't seem to be included. But I don't think I've ever seen a canucks game on 360 anyway. They always seem to be pacific with the occasional one on Sportsnet vancouver - which is included as well.

There are 6 games remaining this season scheduled to be on 360.

Thing is I don't have cable. Everything I get is streamed on the 'net. DSo gues what? No Canucks for me. Blackmail by Rogers "Buy TV or no Canucks" Tks NHL,

There are a lot of people like me who don't use cable, so there is a market for streaming on the web. but the NHL is too blind to see it, and Rogers is to greedy to service it. But they lose and so do th e Canucks.

I have ben a fan since 1975, but I'm outta here, No longer local casts, it is all about money. So screw u Rogers the NHL and sadly the 'Nucks.

Archived