StealthNuck

Feedback and Bugs

Curious why was the message board down? Was it hacked? Wouldn't surprise me since the message board isn't a secure site to protect people in the first place, why I ask because this isn't the first time this has happened this year, and would like an answer regarding the security of this site since no Mod or Admin responded to me the first time I asked.

The most frustrating part was simply not knowing when it would be back online. We're in the middle of the Stanley Cup Finals, fantasy leagues are drafting, Trump is being Trump...so much action, and no indication of when services would resume. Normally when a site is down, it at least has an informative holding page - CDC just said 'not available'.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Curious why was the message board down? Was it hacked? Wouldn't surprise me since the message board isn't a secure site to protect people in the first place, why I ask because this isn't the first time this has happened this year, and would like an answer regarding the security of this site since no Mod or Admin responded to me the first time I asked.

Just curious.  Why would a hacker spend time sneaking into our forum?  What purpose would that serve?  Would he come to my place and steal my scooter?  Don’t hackers have a lot bigger fish to fry than us?

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Just curious.  Why would a hacker spend time sneaking into our forum?  What purpose would that serve?  Would he come to my place and steal my scooter?  Don’t hackers have a lot bigger fish to fry than us?

Because it's affiliated with the NHL not some bum league, so anything with the NHL is popular, people will come. All they need to do is get access to your email that you used for your account and then who knows what that email is connected to with other accounts you use(maybe NHL gamecenter as example). Not that hard if that email is used for accounts that are affiliated with currency, and then who knows what they go after next. Hackers will find anyway to hack something especially when it's not secure so easy then.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Because it's affiliated with the NHL not some bum league, so anything with the NHL is popular, people will come. All they need to do is get access to your email that you used for your account and then who knows what that email is connected to with other accounts you use(maybe NHL gamecenter as example). Not that hard if that email is used for accounts that are affiliated with currency, and then who knows what they go after next. Hackers will find anyway to hack something especially when it's not secure so easy then.

My son set this all up for me, so I guess he’s the one who gets hacked.  :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

This time it was due to a logistic issue. That said, the IPB software is very secure, and CDC has never experienced and intrusion or downtime due to hacking. I'm looking into https for us now. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

This time it was due to a logistic issue. That said, the IPB software is very secure, and CDC has never experienced and intrusion or downtime due to hacking. I'm looking into https for us now. 

Thanks for the response and good to know it wasn't or has been in the past. And very much appreciate looking into the https, for it makes sense to have when passwords are involved lol.

On 5/31/2018 at 3:05 PM, Captain Azzy said:

The most frustrating part was simply not knowing when it would be back online. We're in the middle of the Stanley Cup Finals, fantasy leagues are drafting, Trump is being Trump...so much action, and no indication of when services would resume. Normally when a site is down, it at least has an informative holding page - CDC just said 'not available'.

you forgot 'lives were at stake'  

• Hydration 2

14 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

you forgot 'lives were at stake'  

My thoughts and prayers were with Stealth the whole time.

Posted (edited)

not sure if its a bug...but the box to create a status update on cdc home...is missing for me?

i made a status update, the day the forum cam back online, but today its missing?....seems others are able to make updates....im using the website from my comp, maybe they are using the mobile? or maybe im banned from status updates, or maybe i just suck?(probably true regardless but...)

edit: and like magic its back...i guess i do really suck.

Edited by Toni Zamboni

On 6/2/2018 at 4:56 AM, Captain Azzy said:

My thoughts and prayers were with Stealth the whole time.

Won't somebody think of the children!!

But glad it's back up.

• Upvote 1

I just recently switched to a new phone and I get logged out everytime I close the tab on mobile. With my two previous phones, I stayed logged in.

On 2018-06-12 at 10:39 AM, Where's Wellwood said:

I just recently switched to a new phone and I get logged out everytime I close the tab on mobile. With my two previous phones, I stayed logged in.

On 2018-05-31 at 5:32 PM, StealthNuck said:

Any potential reason for this?

The mobile theme appears to be missing.

1 hour ago, 112 said:

The mobile theme appears to be missing.

nvm- somehow I checked the 'desktop site' option in chrome

On 2018-06-14 at 7:13 PM, Where's Wellwood said:

Any potential reason for this?

Please try clearing the cache/cookies in whichever mobile browser you're using - may be a cookie issue. 

9 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

Please try clearing the cache/cookies in whichever mobile browser you're using - may be a cookie issue. 

It's because I had the sign-in page bookmarked and even if I was signed it, the bookmarked page kept prompting me to sign in. Going to any other page directly shows that I do remain logged on. 

5 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

It's because I had the sign-in page bookmarked and even if I was signed it, the bookmarked page kept prompting me to sign in. Going to any other page directly shows that I do remain logged on. 

Ah, good to know!

So I noticed I was unable to access all the "reputation" icons and came to this thread to post a question as to why.

Then noticed I could not type a reply or post it.

Had to delete all cookies and browsing history etc.

Everything is now working again, but in a few months I'd guess I'll need to do the same thing.

computers are a pain in the buttocks.

Edited by gurn

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.