The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bringing Weber to the line up?!

kurtzfan

The only thing Weber even has a shred of likeness to in Salo is the velocity and power behind his shot.

He doesn't possess the accuracy.

He doesn't possess the vision.

He doesn't possess the sense of timing.

He doesn't even hold a candle to Salo in the defensive zone.

He's not in the dog house, he's just not that good. CDC has the tendency to overrate our hard working players any how. Bartkowski has flaws, but he's Benning's prize acquisition and his ability to gain the zone is unrivalled on this team. Weber will not see the ice unless injuries strike.

The only thing Weber even has a shred of likeness to in Salo is the velocity and power behind his shot.

He's not in the dog house, he's just not that good. CDC has the tendency to overrate our hard working players any how. Bartkowski has flaws, but he's Benning's prize acquisition and his ability to gain the zone is unrivalled on this team. Weber will not see the ice unless injuries strike.

Yeah prize acquisition guy who has only one career goal in like 136 games good job Benning

Why is it so hard to bring Weber the line up?! I don't get that. Weber is like another Salo. He can make some good plays during the power play. He read the plays well . .

I really don't know Weber is in W.D's dog house this year.

Because he is not very good. The players that have more to offer are already in the line up. He lost his starting position due to Hutton outplaying him. He is a fringe player at best and will probably not get into the line up unless there are injuries.

It's less about his work in the o-zone and more about getting out of the d-zone

This is it, he will have a solid year in terms of production as well ( Bartkowski ). 

Contrary to another suggestion - Weber actually has a strong and accurate shot while being capable of getting it off with good timing. He simply is not as good a transition player as Hutton and this is what management was heavy on in their decision making. Hence Bartkowski, Hutton in the lineup.

I would consider playing him as a forward for the time being.  But to replace who?  Bartchi comes to mind, but then Bartchi would call up his agent and fly.

Otherwise we could yank out Bartkowski and put in Weber.  Bartkowski however is another guy the team needs to upsell.

The team won't base decisions on how a player will react or involve his agent. And Bartkowski has been solid thus far, not a candidate to be scratched.

Why is it so hard to bring Weber the line up?! I don't get that. Weber is like another Salo. He can make some good plays during the power play. He read the plays well . . 

I really don't know Weber is in W.D's dog house this year. 

The only thing Weber and Salo have remotely in common is the No. 6 on the back of the jersey.  Said it before and I'll say it again...Weber is a waste of cap space and a spot on the 23 man roster.  I'd waive him in a second and bring up Fedun.  I'll make a bold prediction on Weber -- he's going to go on unrecallable waivers for the purpose of receiving an unconditional release and go back to Switzerland where he'll be the star that this dude kurtzfan thinks Weber is.

The team won't base decisions on how a player will react or involve his agent. And Bartkowski has been solid thus far, not a candidate to be scratched.

Bartshi's in the lineup because of this.  Bartkowski or Weber are interchangeable.  But if there's something wrong with Weber, so be it.

Getting him into the lineup isn't going to make or break this team.

Weber's 11 goal campaign last year was 3 goals less than Sami Salo's peak season with 14 (Weber did it in 2 less GP). Salo's second best season was a tally of 10. I think you're not giving Weber enough credit here.

Archived