The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Your Job Thread

Sean Monahan

btw, meant to say this is an example of the ineresting jobs/careers I was looking for when I made this thread.

yeah, there's a lot about it that's lots of fun. i had the opportunity as an adult to re-evaluate what i ACTUALLY wanted to do with my life (rather than being forced as a 16-year-old to make a decision that's supposed to ring true for the rest of one's life).

the obvious takeaway for me has been to make sure you follow a path that seems exciting/interesting...you still have to work like a dog to get any traction, but at least you're enjoying yourself while you do it...

yeah, there's a lot about it that's lots of fun. i had the opportunity as an adult to re-evaluate what i ACTUALLY wanted to do with my life (rather than being forced as a 16-year-old to make a decision that's supposed to ring true for the rest of one's life).

the obvious takeaway for me has been to make sure you follow a path that seems exciting/interesting...you still have to work like a dog to get any traction, but at least you're enjoying yourself while you do it...

That is pretty cool, thanks for sharing this.

am I reading this right?

an adult career change it re education?

That is pretty cool, thanks for sharing this.

very welcome

am I reading this right?

an adult career change it re education?

yup, it meant some big adjustments and leaving a decent paying job, but paid off millions of times over in life satisfaction

Reality is very few actually get into something when young and stay at that particular job description/career choice. It's funny how life makes you branch out and find where you best fit currently.

The harsh reality is also that by the time many people get to the point of trying to do something they love, they're stuck in what they're in. I was very lucky and blessed to be afforded the opportunity. But I'm a big advocate of biting the bullet for those who find themselves in that limbo-y type of work existence.

very welcome

yup, it meant some big adjustments and leaving a decent paying job, but paid off millions of times over in life satisfaction

The harsh reality is also that by the time many people get to the point of trying to do something they love, they're stuck in what they're in. I was very lucky and blessed to be afforded the opportunity. But I'm a big advocate of biting the bullet for those who find themselves in that limbo-y type of work existence.

good for you sir.

Archived