The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which retired Canucks live in Vancouver... Which current Canucks will do so?

person314

The first question is a factual inquiry, the second is looking for what people think.  For retired Canucks, I only know for sure about Linden, McLean, Ronning, Smyl, and Geoff Courtnall (who is currently dating Sarah McLaughlin!?!?).  Who else still calls this place home?

For current Canucks, who do people think will stick around (or return, if traded) after they hang em up?  Obviously, this is purely speculative, with a range of certainties from the wildly speculative (eg. McCann... a few years ago we might have been saying Hodgeson was a likely 'yes') to the relatively knowable (Sedins).  Does Burrows stay?  Does Hammer return after being traded (and does Juice come back?)?  Does Horvat follow Linden as adopted son and future mayor?

Gary Monahan lives in North Van, Harold Snepsts in Port Moody, Dennis Ververgaert in Abbotsford, Darcy Rota in Coquitlam, Dave Babych in North Van. John Grisdale (president of the BCJHL) is still in the area, as is Doug Halward, Tony Tanti, Dennis Kearns, Chris Oddleifson and Caesar Maniago.

Sedin's. 

Their kids and family grew up here. 

Not a chance, the Sedins spend all their off-season time back in Sweden, and have already made it known that they're going to go back to Sweden when they retire, I don't blame them either, it's beautiful there.  I can see them frequently visiting Vancouver though.

Not a chance, the Sedins spend all their off-season time back in Sweden, and have already made it known that they're going to go back to Sweden when they retire, I don't blame them either, it's beautiful there.  I can see them frequently visiting Vancouver though.

They recently did an interview with a Swedish newspaper saying that their original plans were to move back to Sweden after they retire, but they have already have a family settled in here and their wives prefer it here so they might just retire here.

Also, Linden said Sami Salo was coming back to live here.

All their off season? No they don't from what I know. They spent like 3 weeks there this summer. They prefer Vancouver... Who wouldn't. 

I heard sami salo moved back this year didn't he? How about ohlund? 

If hank and Danny are smart, one should run for mayor after retiring. I'd vote for them even if they wanted to legalize guns and raise taxes. 

Archived