The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Tracker

The Bookie

27 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Unreal. So who's coming up? Fedun or Pedan on D and Gaunce or Zalewski as the F?

I'd think Zalewski.  How awesome would it be if it was Shinkaruk though?!

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen

Burrows-McCann-Vrbata

Shinkaruk-Vey-Etem

idk about u guys but that's a lineup I wanna see.

50 minutes ago, canucks411 said:

Edler will get more imaging done on foot in VAN but initial sense is he could miss 2-3 weeks. Sutter apparently has a broken jaw. Ouch.

Wow. I feel bad for Brandon. Can't catch a break with these injuries this year. I hope his recovery goes well. Broken jaws are so finicky and insanely painful. 

5 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

I can't remember so many pucks to the face... Daniel lost chiclets on the batted puck, Virtanen got really lucky and turned at the last minute to avoid a bad one and took one to the cheek, Hamhuis with the shattered face and now Sutter with a broken jaw. Just some crazy bad luck this year.

Eventually full face shields will be mandatory. Most will disagree with that statement, but goalies never wore masks, players never had helmets. How fast the game has gotten and the velocity of shots, I would think players are going to want to protect themselves more as time progresses or the league will implement them like they have other rules

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Fire our old medical staff and this is what we get. Karma or bad management?

Unbelievable injuries this season, if this team was 50% more healthy they're in a playoff spot, it's that simple.

Do you ever think about your posts beforehand, or do you just mash the keyboard and submit? Honestly, it's baffling to me unless you're the most subtle troll I've ever encountered (in which case, you're a master). 

It's possibly bad management that Sutter has a fractured jaw, or that Edler has a fractured fibula? How in the blue hell do you connect those dots? 

7 hours ago, Remy said:

Do you ever think about your posts beforehand, or do you just mash the keyboard and submit? Honestly, it's baffling to me unless you're the most subtle troll I've ever encountered (in which case, you're a master). 

It's possibly bad management that Sutter has a fractured jaw, or that Edler has a fractured fibula? How in the blue hell do you connect those dots? 

All I'm saying is we've had guys out who took a lot longer than expected to return from injury. In particular, Sutter and Sbisa's returns from injury.

Injuries aren't always due to bad luck, they're often a combination of bad timing or luck but also training and the way our defenders lay out to block a shot, positioning on the ice and skating for example. This number of injuries is pretty absurd, you just don't see the good, well coached and managed teams like the Kings get hurt because they play safe and they play the right way.

As harsh as it sounds, you could almost argue that Hamhuis' injury was due to sloppy positioning and defence more than bad luck but I'll just leave that...

On February 11, 2016 at 1:47 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

All I'm saying is we've had guys out who took a lot longer than expected to return from injury. In particular, Sutter and Sbisa's returns from injury.

Injuries aren't always due to bad luck, they're often a combination of bad timing or luck but also training and the way our defenders lay out to block a shot, positioning on the ice and skating for example. This number of injuries is pretty absurd, you just don't see the good, well coached and managed teams like the Kings get hurt because they play safe and they play the right way.

As harsh as it sounds, you could almost argue that Hamhuis' injury was due to sloppy positioning and defence more than bad luck but I'll just leave that...

Remy was on to something

Go look at the Sutter and Hammer injuries one more time.. Both are pucks that get deflected to an area on the ice that should have been safe.. Especially with Sutters!  I've often wondered if you actually watch the games or just highlights.

Archived