The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

54 minutes ago, Toews said:

His mid-range game is not at the level of Michael Jordan's. The embarrassing performance he put up against the Mavericks in 2011 is testament to that reality. Not to mention that the rules for defence have changed considerably since Michael played.  To me quite clearly his accomplishments are inferior to two players, Kareem Abdul Jabar and Michael Jordan. Is he an all-time great? Sure, but not the best and to me its not close.

LeChina fanboys annoy me more than anyone else, because they sit their and $&!# all over some great basketball players including making stupid comments calling all past players "plumbers and electricians" because the league hadn't yet acquired the financial success it does today. I have seen people make similar $&!#ty arguments against an all-time great like Gordie Howe. People's recency bias is the reason for this plain ignorance and disrespect for the greats. 

With that said I think I will bow out of this discussion. Its a waste of time discussing the fraud known as LeChina.

You cant judge just on the mavs performance. Overall his mid range shooting is a strength. Whether it be by the eye test or analytics, lebron can play

21 hours ago, Toews said:

His mid-range game is not at the level of Michael Jordan's. The embarrassing performance he put up against the Mavericks in 2011 is testament to that reality. Not to mention that the rules for defence have changed considerably since Michael played.  To me quite clearly his accomplishments are inferior to two players, Kareem Abdul Jabar and Michael Jordan. Is he an all-time great? Sure, but not the best and to me its not close.

LeChina fanboys annoy me more than anyone else, because they sit their and $&!# all over some great basketball players including making stupid comments calling all past players "plumbers and electricians" because the league hadn't yet acquired the financial success it does today. I have seen people make similar $&!#ty arguments against an all-time great like Gordie Howe. People's recency bias is the reason for this plain ignorance and disrespect for the greats. 

With that said I think I will bow out of this discussion. Its a waste of time discussing the fraud known as LeChina.

Bro it's going to be ok, I swear the way you talk about him it's as if you know him personally and he's hurt you or something. The one final he can be faulted for is the Mavs 100%, but every other loss I don't even think his team was the favourite to win. You hold the finals losses against him, but how is Jordan bowing out in the first round of the playoffs better; ITS MUCH WORSE. 

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Bro it's going to be ok, I swear the way you talk about him it's as if you know him personally and he's hurt you or something. The one final he can be faulted for is the Mavs 100%, but every other loss I don't even think his team was the favourite to win. You hold the finals losses against him, but how is Jordan bowing out in the first round of the playoffs better; ITS MUCH WORSE. 

Bro, the way you defend him, I swear you want to meet him and have his babies.

:P

• Haha 2

Ah shiet my cover is blown. No; I just believe it's stupid to think he's not a top 2 player all time. I think it irks Kobe fans the most, but it's the truth.  I also think Jordan gets way too much credit, and pippen doesen;t get enough look at the team he had.... On paper they were one of the best teams in the league skill wise and depth wise during the 90s.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Jordan played in a much tougher conference. LeChina was drafted into a mediocre conference which was further weakened by three superstars in their prime joining together on one team. Just look at the records and count the superstars on the teams LeChina faced in the playoffs vs. Jordan. LeChina has essentially been competing with Paul George, Demar Derozan, a perpetually injured Derrick Rose and a disappointing Dwight Howard. You can throw in Al Horford's Atlanta Hawks :rolleyes:. How many players on that list are top 30 players, heck even top 50? 

The consequence of LeChina stacking his teams in Miami is that KD joined the Warriors effectively blocking LeChina's path for the last 3-4 years. LeChina only has himself to blame for his lack of championships, he took the easy way out and that enabled KD to do the same. Its laughable that LeChina's supporters hypocritically call KD a snake when their guy did the exact same thing. Tucked his tail between his legs and ran to South Beach to create a super team. Let's be honest you only hate KD because he stood in LeChina's way.

Here is KG saying that the Big 3 Celtics ran LeChina out of Cleveland.   

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1207173561271517184

No one would dare say this about Michael or Kareem.

Sorry but that's all the time I have for today. I have better stuff to do than debate irrational LeChina supporters all day long. I am a fan of basketball. I am not particularly invested in who should be considered the greatest player ever. If someone wants to make the argument that its Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Magic, Kobe over Jordan I am perfectly fine with it. Heck I don't even have a problem with someone making that argument for LeChina. What I can't stand is disrespect for the all-time greats especially by ignorant fans who weren't even alive to watch some of these players play. This is why they make stupid comments, saying that Jordan was facing "plumbers". This mostly comes LeChina supporters, they sit there on whatever platform they can find and denigrate players both current and former all day to prop up one guy. I find it repulsive. You could say that I have less of a problem with LeChina, than many of his supporters who have little to no understanding of the history and evolution of basketball. 

Edited by Toews

55 minutes ago, Toews said:

Jordan played in a much tougher conference. LeChina was drafted into a mediocre conference which was further weakened by three superstars in their prime joining together on one team. Just look at the records and count the superstars on the teams LeChina faced in the playoffs vs. Jordan. LeChina has essentially been competing with Paul George, Demar Derozan, a perpetually injured Derrick Rose and a disappointing Dwight Howard. You can throw in Al Horford's Atlanta Hawks :rolleyes:. How many players on that list are top 30 players, heck even top 50? 

The consequence of LeChina stacking his teams in Miami is that KD joined the Warriors effectively blocking LeChina's path for the last 3-4 years. LeChina only has himself to blame for his lack of championships, he took the easy way out and that enabled KD to do the same. Its laughable that LeChina's supporters hypocritically call KD a snake when their guy did the exact same thing. Tucked his tail between his legs and ran to South Beach to create a super team. Let's be honest you only hate KD because he stood in LeChina's way.

Here is KG saying that the Big 3 Celtics ran LeChina out of Cleveland.   

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1207173561271517184

No one would dare say this about Michael or Kareem.

Sorry but that's all the time I have for today. I have better stuff to do than debate irrational LeChina supporters all day long. I am a fan of basketball. I am not particularly invested in who should be considered the greatest player ever. If someone wants to make the argument that its Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Magic, Kobe over Jordan I am perfectly fine with it. Heck I don't even have a problem with someone making that argument for LeChina. What I can't stand is disrespect for the all-time greats especially by ignorant fans who weren't even alive to watch some of these players play. This is why they make stupid comments, saying that Jordan was facing "plumbers". This mostly comes LeChina supporters, they sit there on whatever platform they can find and denigrate players both current and former all day to prop up one guy. I find it repulsive. You could say that I have less of a problem with LeChina, than many of his supporters who have little to no understanding of the history and evolution of basketball. 

If you think what KD and Lebron did are the same thing, I don't even know what to say to that. That's all I have to say on that topic. As far as KG goes; that's laughable, it took 4 stars to beat a 24-26 year old Lebron? He was by himself; as soon as Lebron went to Miami I remember KG and Pierce running to Brooklyn to try to create another super team whose sole purpose was to beat lebron... what happened then? 

As far as the eastern conference goes I don't think that's lebrons fault that there was less talent there..... If everyone thought there was such a difference in talent between the 2 conferences why weren't more superstars signing in the East once free agency hit? I know the answer to that, and you may not want to admit it.... Lol you tbeing fine with Kobe over Jordan alright man time to check out, most of the all time lists have him in the top 10 not top 5 .... I'm done, I got better stuff to do then keep arguing with you.

5 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

If you think what KD and Lebron did are the same thing, I don't even know what to say to that. That's all I have to say on that topic.

Right, you have nothing to say because literally everything makes you look like a massive hypocrite. Sorry but its just the truth. LeChina needed a superteam to win his first two championships just like KD. LeChina's fans have suggested that KD's championships should have asterisks. I think that is a very sensible suggestion, I suggest that the same be applied to LeChina's "fake titles" in Miami. 

As far as KG goes; that's laughable, it took 4 stars to beat a 24-26 year old Lebron? He was by himself; as soon as Lebron went to Miami I remember KG and Pierce running to Brooklyn to try to create another super team whose sole purpose was to beat lebron... what happened then? 

Nothing you say refuted what KG said. LeChina was chased away from Cleveland by Kevin Garnett and the Celtics. Fact.

As far as the eastern conference goes I don't think that's lebrons fault that there was less talent there..... If everyone thought there was such a difference in talent between the 2 conferences why weren't more superstars signing in the East once free agency hit?

Superstars usually stuck around for their primes with the teams that drafted them at least they used to back in the day. The free for all that happens now that has ruined the NBA was precipitated by the formation of the "Not one. Not two. Not three. Not four..." Miami Heat. No parity = zero reason to watch. Tell me the NHL and NFL don't put out far superior products to the NBA. It hardly matters how well you manage teams if you can't retain superstars. 

I know the answer to that, and you may not want to admit it.... Lol you tbeing fine with Kobe over Jordan alright man time to check out, most of the all time lists have him in the top 10 not top 5 .... I'm done, I got better stuff to do then keep arguing with you.

It's outrageous how criminally underrated Tim Duncan is. He might be better than LeChina and Kobe. The reason for your insecurity with Kobe is because of his mainstream appeal which threatens LeChina. Timmy didn't go by some stupid nickname like "Emperor Timmy", so he doesn't get nearly enough recognition sadly. Timmy was all class, all the time, which made him too "boring" for a lot of people. He wasn't a megalomaniac like LeChina, so the media ignored him. He too wipes the board with LeChina, snake (to borrow your word) needed to run to Miami to join a superteam to win championships. I think Dan Gilbert spells it out in that letter, Q U I T T E R.

Edited by Toews

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/04/18/michael-jordan-released-footage-2016-cavaliers-championship-parade?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_source=twitter.com

Report: Michael Jordan Agreed to Release 1997-98 Bulls Footage During 2016 Cavaliers Championship Parade

LOL Jordan really is scared Lebron is coming for his crown. O man, this is pretty funny. For all the people that say Lebron is so mentally fragile, how does this make Jordan look. Maybe 2016 really did put Lebron over the hill :ph34r:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/04/18/michael-jordan-released-footage-2016-cavaliers-championship-parade?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_source=twitter.com

Report: Michael Jordan Agreed to Release 1997-98 Bulls Footage During 2016 Cavaliers Championship Parade

LOL Jordan really is scared Lebron is coming for his crown. O man, this is pretty funny. For all the people that say Lebron is so mentally fragile, how does this make Jordan look. Maybe 2016 really did put Lebron over the hill :ph34r:

Bill Simmons reported this first early April and many others have confirmed this lol.

Jordan felt threatened by Bron being widely recognized as the best and the 73 win Warriors (had they won) being the best team of all time.

MJ had to remind folks and secure his/Bulls legacy and I don't blame him. Looking forward to this 10 part documentary. Airs tonight at 6!

Edited by Van40
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Jordan scared of LeBron? More like Jordan looking for some extra cash. Jordan is know to be a money driven type of person. He was/is an avid gambler. Especially during his playing days. 

After the 2016 win though? Seems to go more towards him being worried about Lebron

Edited by Sikhguy23

9 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

After the 2016 win though? Seems to go more towards him being worried about Lebron

Jordan loss a ton of money after rebranding of the Bobcats and buying the majority of the team. Probably need a way to find some easy money by selling the 97 Bulls footage. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

The first 2 episodes of the Last Dance were incredible. Should be up on Netflix in a few minutes. 

@shiznak MJ is a billionaire lmao. He didn't do this for the money.

No one is really content with how much money they have. As I mention Jordan is a money driven type of person. He lost more money than he has gain over the years. 

Aquilini is a billionaire, but that doesn’t stop him from building high-rises and raising ticket prices for Canucks games.

17 hours ago, shiznak said:

No one is really content with how much money they have. As I mention Jordan is a money driven type of person. He lost more money than he has gain over the years. 

Aquilini is a billionaire, but that doesn’t stop him from building high-rises and raising ticket prices for Canucks games.

Theory held up for a solid few hours though. 

On 4/18/2020 at 7:22 PM, Sikhguy23 said:

If you read the ESPN article (I will try and find the link) about how they got him to agree, it was more of a coincidence than anything that it happened to be on that day.  It was a couple days before the draft and everyone happened to be at the same place.  Jordans business partners sorta tricked him into it and the producer who finally ended up doing it (Jordan had rejected many others) had done the A.I. documentary and Jordan loved that documentary and thats when he decided to allow it to be finally released.  Actually was quite interesting how he finally got convinced.

On 4/20/2020 at 7:27 PM, Van40 said:

Theory held up for a solid few hours though. 

While my theory may not be right........I still don’t see why Jordan would be “scared” of LeBron coming for his “greatest of all-time” title. Stats aside, when you compare their accomplishments side by side, Jordan annihilate LeBron.

- 6 Championships rings to 3

- 6 Finals MVP to 3

- 10 times NBA scoring titles to just 1

- 9 times all-defensive team to 6

- 5 times MVP to 4

You also have to remember LeBron brought is upon himself when he declared he was the “greatest of all-time” in an interview after he won the 2016 Championships. Maybe Jordan wanted to release the Bulls footage then, as a friendly reminder on who truly is the greatest player.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t wait for basketball to come back. So much so that I bought this a few days ago for my 38th birthday. Can say I’m probably the only person who will have this jersey :lol: 

756587FF-8AED-47D7-B0A8-7D6EC8827153.jpeg.c5c031e52c295c73e0f1398e53a2fdb7.jpeg

C921E6FE-866D-4A18-87B1-8BA787A485CC.jpeg.76fd84f0a5ad28366deee069bb30fe38.jpeg