The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

The petty eyerolling is out of control. Cavs team has no chemistry.

It's cause of defense. 

Lebron doesn't/can't give 100% on D cause of his offensive workload. 

Kevin Love fake hustles on D after he's been beat, more than any player I've ever seen. 

Korver tries but he's too old. 

JR legit looks stoned. 

Cedi and Nance need to play more but Lue is too trash to try that. Maybe throw in 37 year old Calderon again. Worked before. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Don't know basketball prospects but isn't Ayton the #1?

No clearcut #1 in this draft but Doncic>Ayton. There's about 5 different guys that could easily be the best out of the bunch in a few years. 

Also the new Suns HC, coached Doncic on the national Slovenian team. He's really high on Doncic. 

Doncic and Bamba are by far my personal favourites though. 

On 5/13/2018 at 4:12 PM, Chip Kelly said:

G State and Houston is the real finals. Celtics and Cavs don't have a shot vs the West teams imo.

LeBron beating the Celrics surrounded by streaky starters and bench players at his age should be enough.

DdG7eubU8AAxp92?format=jpg

This pretty much sums it up, LeBron hero ball can only get them so far and he was jacking up so many deep 3's and guarded shots that it was clearly unsustainable.  Brad Stevens is also quite the genius for consistently swapping his rangy rotation of Brown, Horford, Marcus Morris, Smart and Tatum onto James so they would be fresh and able to keep him outside.  Then outside of Love and Korver spot shooting the Cav's don't really have much help for him.  If they can shut down arguably the defining one-man team that is LeBron as they've been doing it should be a quick series.

In fact, I think Celtics - Warriors would be quite the match-up of athleticism and two-way play.  

Rozier III - Curry are both the abused player on defensive match-ups but both are very good.  Then you have Brown - Tatum - Morris - Horford vs. Thompson - Durant - Iguodala - Green, which is four long, athletic, versatile guys on each end with plenty of 3-point ability.  I hope for that match-up after the Celtics and Warriors each do away with their iso-heavy opponents (Boston can probably beat the Rockets too, since like they've been doing to LeBron they can keep Harden and Paul dancing to the outside then beat the slower guys like Ariza down the floor.  Go Celts and Go Dubs for me.

10 hours ago, JV77 said:

Foul, foul, foul, foul, foul....so damn annoying.  Everything is damn foul in basketball

Some say its a lot more fun, I think there is way to many tippy touchey fouls that really shouldn't be called.  Especially when the offensive player initiates the contact to draw a foul (someone goes for a fly by block a foot off the 3 point shooter and they jump into the person when clearly they weren't going to foul them in the first place or how guys lower their shoulders and drive through a defender and get a call).  I want them to go back a bit more similarly to the 90s when guys made an effort to score and just draw fouls, makes the game better and less stop and go.

6 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

This pretty much sums it up, LeBron hero ball can only get them so far and he was jacking up so many deep 3's and guarded shots that it was clearly unsustainable.  Brad Stevens is also quite the genius for consistently swapping his rangy rotation of Brown, Horford, Marcus Morris, Smart and Tatum onto James so they would be fresh and able to keep him outside.  Then outside of Love and Korver spot shooting the Cav's don't really have much help for him.  If they can shut down arguably the defining one-man team that is LeBron as they've been doing it should be a quick series.

In fact, I think Celtics - Warriors would be quite the match-up of athleticism and two-way play.  

Rozier III - Curry are both the abused player on defensive match-ups but both are very good.  Then you have Brown - Tatum - Morris - Horford vs. Thompson - Durant - Iguodala - Green, which is four long, athletic, versatile guys on each end with plenty of 3-point ability.  I hope for that match-up after the Celtics and Warriors each do away with their iso-heavy opponents (Boston can probably beat the Rockets too, since like they've been doing to LeBron they can keep Harden and Paul dancing to the outside then beat the slower guys like Ariza down the floor.  Go Celts and Go Dubs for me.

Would be interesting to see Celtics-Rockets, I think the Rockets have a lot more fire power than the Celtics and would just get outscored at the end of the day, but hell this team has greatly exceeded my expectations since Hayward went down and then Kyrie at the most important time of the year.  Celtics-Dubs should be a good series but I still think that is a 5 game Dubs win at best, I just see the Dubs playoff intensity go sky high especially on the defensive side that they can shut down anyone if they are healthy.  

12 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

LeBron would be best off in Houston, Philly, or with the Lakers. He wants to defer at his age he doesn't want to have to carry the team each night.

Don't see him back with the Cavs.

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

LeBron would be best off in Houston, Philly, or with the Lakers. He wants to defer at his age he doesn't want to have to carry the team each night.

I'd be super mad is Philly got him but it is a great fit for LeBron. I still think there's a real chance him and PG go to the Lakers.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Paul, Harden and James on one team would just be iso city.  It'd make for an interesting tactic to have 3 game-breakers to each carry offensively but doesn't seem far to have so much talent.  Each of them can carry, then they just need a 3-and-D guy and Capela up the middle and they would be pretty good.  

12 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Paul, Harden and James on one team would just be iso city.  It'd make for an interesting tactic to have 3 game-breakers to each carry offensively but doesn't seem far to have so much talent.  Each of them can carry, then they just need a 3-and-D guy and Capela up the middle and they would be pretty good.  

They would be pretty old though as a big 3. I feel like Harden might not get along with LeBron though even though he is friends with Chris Paul already.

I could really honestly see him go to the Lakers because of the heat he takes based off going through the weak east every year.

He likes Lonzo Ball, he just bought a house in LA last summer he gets to play for Magic Johnson in a place and city with the organization's history which makes it easy to draw stars and get players to come play for cheap when the team is good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

I could really honestly see him go to the Lakers because of the heat he takes based off going through the weak east every year.

He likes Lonzo Ball, he just bought a house in LA last summer he gets to play for Magic Johnson in a place and city with the organization's history which makes it easy to draw stars and get players to come play for cheap when the team is good.

Bron and PG seem likely to sign in LA. Now if Magic can make a trade for Kawhi, the Lakers would be legit title contenders. Maybe favourites!? 

Apparently Boogie unfollowed the Pelicans, and started following Julius Randle and PG. 

It's gonna be another wild offseason. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Lol, beat em by 41pts..

No reason to dub this match up as the “real” finals. 

Huston has to move the ball more.  The constant one v one by Harden and Paul gets guys standing around and watching.  Then they turn it over, and it’s lights out.  The Rockets need to play “PASSketball”.  

Ok what was kerr thinking why no timeout at the end?

also that last look curry got come on Houston you can’t give that up , though klay did basically tackle harden out of bounds , don’t know why cp3 didn’t just miss his second free throw on purpose anyways.

• Upvote 1

Wow! Houston with the win and Curry misses the tying shot (although I think he was out of time).

In other news, I was watching a video of LiAngelo Ball working out for 20 NBA teams. Dude's actually got a pretty good shot. I also noticed LaVar ball has been super quiet lately. I think he realizes LiAngelo would be easily passed on if he hyped him up to be something he's not. 

• Upvote 1