The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

On 2018-10-04 at 8:58 AM, Van40 said:

@J-23 Love Miles Bridges. Grayson Allen looks like a nice find. Aaron Holiday will be great. 

I'm all in on the Trae Young bandwagon

Same, he looks nice. It will take time for him to adjust.

I just love watching shooters play.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

The best player in the NBA is back folks. Kawahi Leonard. 24 and 12 today. I would not be surprised in the slightest if Toronto wins the ship this year

I was flipping back and forth with a bunch of other sports and I guess it was a good start. The Cavs without LeBron are a team the Raps should beat, but I wasn't overwhelmed.

Still, teams like the Spurs and Bulls before them used to do that all the time...take care of business and get the W, even if it isn't a dominating performance every night,

On 2018-10-17 at 7:59 PM, ReggieBush said:

The best player in the NBA is back folks. Kawahi Leonard. 24 and 12 today. I would not be surprised in the slightest if Toronto wins the ship this year

best two way player?? maybe

Hes not better then Durant, Davis, Harden, Curry.

Don't even think about comparing him to LeBron.

Edited by Sikhguy23
  • Cheers 1

Dubs and Jazz for an early Game of the Year candidate??  Shootout where Utah was up for quite some time, only to have Jerebko of all people hit a buzzer-beating finger roll to secure the one-point win.  

Just goes to show though, how good the Warriors are even without Boogie.  Can't wait to see them play Boston, should be great games.

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Dubs and Jazz for an early Game of the Year candidate??  Shootout where Utah was up for quite some time, only to have Jerebko of all people hit a buzzer-beating finger roll to secure the one-point win.  

Just goes to show though, how good the Warriors are even without Boogie.  Can't wait to see them play Boston, should be great games.

Warriors vs celtics is also on my schedule as a must watch game. Love gordon hayward. He is criminally underrated in my opinion.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:09 PM, Sikhguy23 said:

best two way player?? maybe

Hes not better then Durant, Davis, Harden, Curry.

Don't even think about comparing him to LeBron.

Recency bias. The last time Kawhi was healthy his team had a 30 point lead at Oracle in Game 1 of the WCF.

2 hours ago, Toews said:

Recency bias. The last time Kawhi was healthy his team had a 30 point lead at Oracle in Game 1 of the WCF.

He still wasn't the best player in the world at that time. Lebron was still better then him, and maybe/most probably Durant as well.

Just now, Sikhguy23 said:

He still wasn't the best player in the world at that time. Lebron was still better then him, and maybe/most probably Durant as well.

Not saying he is the best. I just don't believe there is a long list of players better than a healthy Kawhi. It's too bad he will be wasting his talents with the Clippers next season.

Just read an article on SNET that said a few years ago, the Raps were seriously thinking of tanking for a shot at drafting Andrew Wiggins. They actually had a trade on the table with the Knicks for Kyle Lowry (Rudy Gay had just been dealt) and word was, DeRo was next.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/not-tanking-wiggins-luckiest-move-raptors-never-made/

Looking at how Wiggins (and most of the 2014 draft class) has panned out, this is probably the best non-move in franchise history.

Plays like this are why Kawahi is the best player in the NBA. Best defender ainec since he came into the league, on top of being the most arguably the most efficient offensive player in the game and a more effective scorer than Lebron as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What I find interesting about the Raps is that we were told to expect a better team defensively. While that may be the case (or may be as the season progresses) the team is undefeated, despite giving up over 100 points in every game so far.

It kind of looks to me like the team is just playing well enough to win right now. If they ever put it all together, they'll be a truly scary team.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

What I find interesting about the Raps is that we were told to expect a better team defensively. While that may be the case (or may be as the season progresses) the team is undefeated, despite giving up over 100 points in every game so far.

It kind of looks to me like the team is just playing well enough to win right now. If they ever put it all together, they'll be a truly scary team.

Having Leonard is huge.  In a series he will shut down the the other team's top scorer.  Plus, he brings offence too.  I don't know if they can keep the guy, but (boy!) he's one heck of a player. 

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nba offenses are playing at a much higher pace and have been really efficient so far. So 100 points isn't the best way to measure defense rn.

Regardles Raps are on fire!!

• Upvote 1