The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

It's being proven again KD can't carry a team by himself. And for all the people that are going to stay that he won the last 2 finals mvps; its easy to shine when the other teams D has to also focus on 3 other stars beside yourself. The only active comparison Lebron should be in now is with Jordan. He's done too much for too long to be compared to anyone else.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, J-23 said:

KD vs. LBJ comparisons should be shut down now. Dude can't do $&!# without Curry.

In the Finals didn’t KD often match up against LBJ?  LBJ is great (not Jordan or Koby level) but I think it’s now KD’s time.  I think LBJ’s biggest flaw is his late game free-throw shooting.  Maybe he handles the ball too much?

• Wat 2

10 hours ago, J-23 said:

KD vs. LBJ comparisons should be shut down now. Dude can't do $&!# without Curry.

3 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

It's being proven again KD can't carry a team by himself. And for all the people that are going to stay that he won the last 2 finals mvps; its easy to shine when the other teams D has to also focus on 3 other stars beside yourself. The only active comparison Lebron should be in now is with Jordan. He's done too much for too long to be compared to anyone else.

At least he knows he isn't a leader lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

In the Finals didn’t KD often match up against LBJ?  LBJ is great (not Jordan or Koby level) but I think it’s now KD’s time.  I think LBJ’s biggest flaw is his late game free-throw shooting.  Maybe he handles the ball too much?

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. Twenty six times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed" - MJ

Kobe was the biggest ballhog ever, and I am a big Kobe fan. Maybe he handled the ball too much? "Kobe Bryant has missed more shots in a regular season than any other player"

Edited by J-23

KD's time for what? To be the most sensitive star ever? Join the team that came back 3-1 on him? 

• Upvote 1

KD isn't even the best player on his team. GS has lost 4 straight without Curry. 

Durant is a great scorer, but that doesn't make you the best player. He racks up stats in the finals and casual fans make him out to be great lol. 

To be the best in the league, a player has to be able to dominate the game in all or most phases. The list goes...

1.Lebron

2. Curry

3. Giannis

4. Harden

5. KD

Edited by Van40
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Alf I've told you this before; I love your posts on other threads on this forum, but I think you've had too many shotguns when you decide to post on this thread:P. Jordan I agree with, but Kobe isn't even the best laker of all time, that goes to Magic Johnson. Kobe was great and all, but the reason he would have high scoring games is he took so many shots every game. I think at one point in his career the Lakers would actually win games when he wouldn't try to score 40 because he was taking so many stupid shots.

I agree with you though, Lebron has a serious flaw at the free throw line. How you can be in the league for 16 years and not be a decent free throw shooter is appalling. KD is great and all but he's being exposed right now, but that might not even matter because most likely by the end of the season he will have another finals mvp.

• Upvote 2

Heard the KD clip, is this guy such a flake he can't even take a ribbing from fans that pay good money to sit courtside?  Insecure much?  Then again this is the same guy that got busted chatting to himself with a dupe account on twitter. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, thejazz97 said:

So uhhhhh

Dwight Howard just got outed as a POS.

Also, you are believing all of this because of those trash recordings?

Anyone calling him a POS based of that proof that is kind of sad.

To add, there are tons of people saying this is the same person who tried to expose Playboi Cati for being gay. 

As of now DH is getting trolled hard on Twitter.

Edited by J-23

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

Also, you are believing all of this because of those trash recordings?

Anyone calling him a POS based of that proof that is kind of sad.

To add, there are tons of people saying this is the same person who tried to expose Playboi Cati for being gay. 

As of now DH is getting trolled hard on Twitter.

Yeah idk now, I saw all of that.

We'll slap a "if this is true" label in front of it to make it all good. If it's true, it's wild and bad. And the following twitter link doesn't look great for him LMAO:

But yeah, I saw that there were controversies in the dude's past who outed him, so I'm not sure now. 

It's definitely some legendary $#*%, just not the kind you'd hope for :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thejazz97 said:

Yeah idk now, I saw all of that.

We'll slap a "if this is true" label in front of it to make it all good. If it's true, it's wild and bad. And the following twitter link doesn't look great for him LMAO:

But yeah, I saw that there were controversies in the dude's past who outed him, so I'm not sure now. 

It's definitely some legendary $#*%, just not the kind you'd hope for :lol:

Man, that's not the only video I've seen from him with the Rockets team doing sus $&!#, there is another one involving Lin lmao.

• Haha 1

It doesn't look like there is any hard proof that Dwight Howard did anything other than have a relationship with a gay man. And with that said, who gives a &^@#? What people decide to do in their bedrooms and who they do it with is their own business. The immaturity and homophobia from the Twitter crowd is to be expected though. I take solace in the fact that most of these keyboard gangstas would crap their pants before they said this stuff to Howard's face.

My biggest problem with Dwight isn't that he might be gay but that he never lived up to his potential. It never looked like he was focused on truly getting better. The guy is one of the most gifted athletes of our generation and IMO he chose to coast on his prodigious talent. He had the ability to be an all time great, just not the drive. That has nothing to do with his sexual preference but I am afraid that's what people will associate it with. 

I also think this whole fiasco proves that we aren't quite ready to have an openly gay athlete at or close to the top of their sport in a team sport. The rampant homophobia and the desire to tear each other down is too ingrained in too many of us. It would take an extraordinary individual to attempt and even succeed at it in this society. I would love to be wrong but it's the only conclusion that I can take away from this.

Edited by Toews

3 hours ago, Toews said:

It doesn't look like there is any hard proof that Dwight Howard did anything other than have a relationship with a gay man. And with that said, who gives a &^@#? What people decide to do in their bedrooms and who they do it with is their own business. The immaturity and homophobia from the Twitter crowd is to be expected though. I take solace in the fact that most of these keyboard gangstas would crap their pants before they said this stuff to Howard's face.

My biggest problem with Dwight isn't that he might be gay but that he never lived up to his potential. It never looked like he was focused on truly getting better. The guy is one of the most gifted athletes of our generation and IMO he chose to coast on his prodigious talent. He had the ability to be an all time great, just not the drive. That has nothing to do with his sexual preference but I am afraid that's what people will associate it with. 

I also think this whole fiasco proves that we aren't quite ready to have an openly gay athlete at or close to the top of their sport in a team sport. The rampant homophobia and the desire to tear each other down is too ingrained in too many of us. It would take an extraordinary individual to attempt and even succeed at it in this society. I would love to be wrong but it's the only conclusion that I can take away from this.

I think it is fair to say that his "preferences" were a distraction to his development as a player. He has said in the past how he has raised to be a good Christian, and that after he had helped conceive a child out of wedlock he grew depressed that he lost his faith.

He felt like there was no turning back, so he went all the way down to this freaky place. The dude was allegedly banging underage girls, who he flew out to this hotel room on the road, as well as tranny's to hide his affinity for the shaft. 

4 hours ago, Toews said:

My biggest problem with Dwight isn't that he might be gay but that he never lived up to his potential. It never looked like he was focused on truly getting better. The guy is one of the most gifted athletes of our generation and IMO he chose to coast on his prodigious talent. He had the ability to be an all time great, just not the drive. 

Disagree. 

5x All-Nba 1st team (8 total)

3x DPOY 

Led the league in rebounding 5x

Led the league in blocks 2x 

Led a team to the finals (beat LBJ in conf finals)

Dwight was a monster till about 2011. After that he had back surgery and rushed to comeback and ended ruining his career. I wouldn't call his career a disappointment, but he certainly left a lot to be desired. 

Still a top 50 player ever. 

So the team with the best record in the league got taken by the prohibitive favorites in the league, minus half its all-star roster, to the wire.  Wonder if we'd see a blowout if Steph and Draymond were in the game, but even with Klay and KD they're already pretty potent.

Hope we're not in for a yawner of a Finals, and that Toronto or Boston really brings it.