The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

21 hours ago, Baka said:

I honestly wouldn't put much stock into it. It's weak journalism when you throw some big theory out and it's back up by using the term source. On top of that it's a source close to the Celtics? Not even Kyrie himself, why would Kyrie leak that to the Celtics organization? On on top of that it's bleacher report... I am shocked people still haven't realized 95% of sports journalism is tabloid gossip level content. 

This is a very real possibility. A lot of the homer Boston media is concerned about Kyrie leaving aswell. Despite having the 2nd best roster in the league the Celtics have been disappointing. 

Another wild nba offseason on the way! 

2 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

the knicks are looking at 2 top 10 picks..one of which could be Rj or Zion...and then you get the mavs pick + all the money to go out and get _______(name your guy)

But....its the Knicks

they'll **** this up royally

I know right.  If the knicks are hoping for team tank, then they got the wrong players for it. There is no way that smith jordan and matthews are gonna let them tank.

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

This is a very real possibility. A lot of the homer Boston media is concerned about Kyrie leaving aswell. Despite having the 2nd best roster in the league the Celtics have been disappointing. 

Another wild nba offseason on the way! 

There were reports that Kyrie wanted to join LBJ again

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I read those reports too.  I think next season the Lakers have LBJ, Kyrie, and a couple more superstars on their team.  Davis maybe?  Leonard?  

Lakers offered Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac and a first-round draft pick to the Pelicans for AD they are going all in and will most likely get AD, unless Boston or something offers anything better.

I personally don't think Kyrie leaves.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Kyrie screwing over Boston>>>>

Durant to the Knicks is supposedly very likely. He and Rich Kleinman get to run NY

The NBA makes their serious dollars through TV revenue.  Having 4 or 5 powerhouse teams creates story lines, and generates more TV dollars.  The other teams, which have zero chance of ever winning, are never on national broadcasts, and their arenas are empty.  Those owners are happy though, because they share in the TV revenue, which makes them more money than full arenas.  

21 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Kyrie screwing over Boston>>>>

Durant to the Knicks is supposedly very likely. He and Rich Kleinman get to run NY

F*** Kyrie Irving. After that comment I'd trade his ass. Didn't know he had these feelings deep down. Feels bad man...

Knicks are going to win the lottery and draft Zion. East coast is bleeding viewers with Bron in the West. The writing is on the wall. It's going to be rigged.

• Cheers 1

So supposedly JaVale, Lance and Beasley had a confrontation with the coach. I think Lakers GM LeBron James set the coach up to fail so that he can get his own yes-man in there. Maybe Tyronne Lue? I don't think anyone can look at these cast of characters and not think that there will be another clear out at the deadline.

I said before the season that this circus of a lockeroom would blow up in the Lakers' face and I think we are seeing the cracks. I feel for Walton who was a promising coach before he came to the Lakers. He looked like a coach to me who could develop and grow guys like Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart and Ingram. I liked what the Lakers had going for them before LeBron came there. Imo they should have signed a few veterans in free agency who know their roles and are comfortable in them. I would have told LeBron to &^@# off to the Clippers where he can do as many movies and shows as he desires. I would then try and land both Kawhi and KD in free agency. 

Also about AD, what a gutless POS move by him but should have figured that was coming when he hired a LeBron James yes-man as his agent. I suppose the previous agent he fired told him to suck it up and play for the 120mil and a 1st overall pick the Pelicans invested in him. 

What I find hypocritical is those that criticize KD for his move to Golden State are now celebrating this move. KD is a bitch and a snake but AD who is flat out quitting on his team when he is signed to a massive contract. Not to mention it was LeBron who set the precedent for KD's move when he and Bosh moved to the Heat and crippled the competition in the East. 

Its laughable that LeBron thinks his win against a 73-9 team makes him the GOAT. Regular season wins are meaningless. That Warriors team is easily the most overrated team of all time. They were extremely lucky to win it all the previous year. I don't think Steph played a healthy starting PG the entire playoffs. 

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 1

I think the Knicks are interesting. Despite them getting blasted for the KP trade (a man I honestly think is an entitled diva) they could enter next season as contenders. GS has been considering the negatives of breaking up the splash brothers. When Klay missed the game again the 76ers, Curry was 10-18 from 3 and the rest of the team including Durant was 1-20 from 3 as they lost to a team that really didn't see great efforts from all their stars. 

Is Durant ends up out even if because he was less of a priority he could want his own team and end up in NY. If that happens they suddenly have a lot of assets. Contending for the #1 pick this year plus the Mavs pick over 2 years a team that is a lottery team now and KP likely not returning this year. They have crazy good assets and could emerge to make a serious play for AD in the offseason as well as the big FA splash. 

23 hours ago, Toews said:

So supposedly JaVale, Lance and Beasley had a confrontation with the coach. I think Lakers GM LeBron James set the coach up to fail so that he can get his own yes-man in there. Maybe Tyronne Lue? I don't think anyone can look at these cast of characters and not think that there will be another clear out at the deadline.

I said before the season that this circus of a lockeroom would blow up in the Lakers' face and I think we are seeing the cracks. I feel for Walton who was a promising coach before he came to the Lakers. He looked like a coach to me who could develop and grow guys like Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart and Ingram. I liked what the Lakers had going for them before LeBron came there. Imo they should have signed a few veterans in free agency who know their roles and are comfortable in them. I would have told LeBron to &^@# off to the Clippers where he can do as many movies and shows as he desires. I would then try and land both Kawhi and KD in free agency. 

Also about AD, what a gutless POS move by him but should have figured that was coming when he hired a LeBron James yes-man as his agent. I suppose the previous agent he fired told him to suck it up and play for the 120mil and a 1st overall pick the Pelicans invested in him. 

What I find hypocritical is those that criticize KD for his move to Golden State are now celebrating this move. KD is a bitch and a snake but AD who is flat out quitting on his team when he is signed to a massive contract. Not to mention it was LeBron who set the precedent for KD's move when he and Bosh moved to the Heat and crippled the competition in the East. 

Its laughable that LeBron thinks his win against a 73-9 team makes him the GOAT. Regular season wins are meaningless. That Warriors team is easily the most overrated team of all time. They were extremely lucky to win it all the previous year. I don't think Steph played a healthy starting PG the entire playoffs. 

So another I hate Lebron piece.

Lakers locker room "issues" are clearly fabricated. The media and opposing fans want to run with the meme team story so badly. 

LA was 4th in the west when Lebron was healthy. Not sure how that was setting up Luke to fail. 

Luke Walton is an okay coach. Solid defensive minded guy with little offensive awareness. 

Anthony Davis is leaving 80 MILLION on the table by asking for a trade. Truly a gutless move to ask for a trade to the 10th place team in the west.

It's amazing when fans will take the side of ownership over the players. On July 19, 2017, Griffin re-signed with the Clippers to a five-year, $173 million contract after Clippers management presented Blake a mock retirement and Clipper for life promises. 
On January 29, 2018, Blake Griffin was traded. But of course that's just business lol.

KD to the Warriors is like Ovi signing with Pens and claiming he's the best. It's a competitive thing, most athletes get it.

Edited by Van40

Lakers willing to give Pelicans cap relief for Anthony Davis by taking Solomon Hill for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ingram, Rondo, Lance Stephenson, Beasley, 2 1st round picks.

That is a serious offer and I don't even like the Lakers prospects. It also looks like Davis and his agent are really trying their hardest to swing this away from Boston without tampering lol

4 hours ago, Baka said:

That is a serious offer and I don't even like the Lakers prospects. It also looks like Davis and his agent are really trying their hardest to swing this away from Boston without tampering lol

Kinda hoping the Pels are stupid enough to believe Danny Ainge and decline the deal and wait for the summer. 

After Kyrie bolts in free agency, NOLA end up settling for a lot less :bigblush:

9 hours ago, Van40 said:

So another I hate Lebron piece.

Not at all. I am willing to acknowledge that he is an all time great player but he is not without his flaws. 

9 hours ago, Van40 said:

Lakers locker room "issues" are clearly fabricated. The media and opposing fans want to run with the meme team story so badly. 

We can agree to disagree on this.

9 hours ago, Van40 said:

LA was 4th in the west when Lebron was healthy. Not sure how that was setting up Luke to fail. 

Luke Walton is an okay coach. Solid defensive minded guy with little offensive awareness. 

The Warriors didn't miss a beat under him v. Kerr. Coaching is also dependant on the talent on the roster. In any case I put little stock in regular season success.

9 hours ago, Van40 said:

Anthony Davis is leaving 80 MILLION on the table by asking for a trade. Truly a gutless move to ask for a trade to the 10th place team in the west.

To me it makes little difference in where the Lakers currently sit in the standings. He is joining a team with the best player in the game. Any time two top 5 talents have gotten together, its caused an imbalance in the league.

9 hours ago, Van40 said:

It's amazing when fans will take the side of ownership over the players. On July 19, 2017, Griffin re-signed with the Clippers to a five-year, $173 million contract after Clippers management presented Blake a mock retirement and Clipper for life promises. 
On January 29, 2018, Blake Griffin was traded. But of course that's just business lol.

Nope I am pro-player but what is happening to Pelicans fans is a disgrace. Davis is spitting in the face of the organization that made him the #1 overall pick and invested considerable amount of resources on his development. He doesn't even have the professionalism to honour the terms of his contract. He is being advised to pout on his way out by Lebron's guy. I cannot respect that.

9 hours ago, Van40 said:

KD to the Warriors is like Ovi signing with Pens and claiming he's the best. It's a competitive thing, most athletes get it.

LeBron jumping to the Heat with Wade a top 3 player at the time and a prime Bosh was a weak move which lacked heart. Dirk taught LeBron a little bit about heart the following playoffs. Maybe Dirk should claim he is the GOAT? Dirk's win against LeBron, Wade and Bosh was more impressive than Lebron's against that 73-9 team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1