The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Leonard clearly wanted to be home.  I heard he grew up hating the Lakers.  Raps have a championship.  Win win for Leonard and the Raps

I don't think it was that personal with Kawhi. I believe he had no intentions of ever going to the Lakers but he knew by stringing them along he could reduce their options thereby weakening one of his biggest competitors next year. The result is that this is the most balanced the NBA has been in a while.

@Van40 I know you were hoping for another outcome as was I but man am I excited for how wild the playoffs will be next year. If only KD hadn't gotten hurt so we could see what he and Kyrie could do. 

8 hours ago, Butters Stoch said:

Paul George just made OKC trade him to the Clippers because of Kawhi's decision. I hate the NBA sometimes and how their superstars always just decide to build their own super teams when they feel like it.

Or how after a trade they can force a team to buy them out so they can go play for a team of there choice . Why should a team have to give them money so they can go elsewhere to play ?

39 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Yea kinda showed kwahi wanted to stay 

I think he absolutely would have liked to stay in Toronto however being able to play in his hometown in front of family and friends must feel really good

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

I think he absolutely would have liked to stay in Toronto however being able to play in his hometown in front of family and friends must feel really good

raps were not willing/or able to give up the assets that lac did

if they had been, they'd have had kawhi and george.

but also sounds like okc wanted them to take on westbrook too

not sure why lac was not required to also take him

58 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

raps were not willing/or able to give up the assets that lac did

if they had been, they'd have had kawhi and george.

but also sounds like okc wanted them to take on westbrook too

not sure why lac was not required to also take him

Wouldn’t surprise me if they somehow land him. Westbrook’s getting traded for sure now.

13 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

If you're talking about now maybe, but if you mean in terms of career your last statement proves you know nothing about basketball.

With the money the lakers got to pick up pieces I think they will go further then the clippers especially with a rested LeBron

Bro. 

Kawhi 2-1 in Finals. LeBron, 3-6.

Highest winning percentage in NBA history. 2 NBA Finals MVP's. NBA record for 30+ point games in a postseason run (and he actually won the ship, unlike lebron). Elevates his game efficiently in the playoffs. And is literally the greatest perimeter defender ever. He has the clutch gene too. 

There is no way on the god given earth that the lakers go further than the clippers. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Bro. 

Kawhi 2-1 in Finals. LeBron, 3-6.

Highest winning percentage in NBA history. 2 NBA Finals MVP's. NBA record for 30+ point games in a postseason run (and he actually won the ship, unlike lebron). Elevates his game efficiently in the playoffs. And is literally the greatest perimeter defender ever. He has the clutch gene too. 

There is no way on the god given earth that the lakers go further than the clippers. 

He won a finals mvp averaging Iguodala numbers yet one guy gets no credit and revisionist historians have given the other guy all the credit. Funny considering Tim Duncan should of got fmvp in '14 but whatever. 

Kawhi has built an incredible resume but he isn't on Lebron's level. A 3rd chip with the Clipps would change that though. 

Don't see it happening as George Paul always comes up short but good luck to them. 

I also wonder how many games Kawhi will sit out this year and how that impacts the Clippers record 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Baer. said:

I think it’s the other way around, that he never intend on staying. He used the Raptors as leverage, and forced OKC in trading PG. Also, there are reports that he’s been trying to recruit PG to join him since FA started. 

• Upvote 3

NBA's wild man. A few months ago Paul George and Kawhi Leonard were the two examples of how trading for a rental can really benefit the franchise and now they're both in LA together. Can't make this stuff up.