The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

9 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Bro. 

Kawhi 2-1 in Finals. LeBron, 3-6.

Highest winning percentage in NBA history. 2 NBA Finals MVP's. NBA record for 30+ point games in a postseason run (and he actually won the ship, unlike lebron). Elevates his game efficiently in the playoffs. And is literally the greatest perimeter defender ever. He has the clutch gene too. 

There is no way on the god given earth that the lakers go further than the clippers. 

Lol I will hold you to this tweet when the playoffs hit. 

As far as careers go you thinking kawhi is better is a &^@#ing joke. He’s averaged what 18ppg for his career. Do you forget about all the final records lebron has like leading both teams in all major stats. Lebrons arguably a top 2 player of all time kawhi would be lucky to make it into the top 10. I mean anything can happen but there is no way on gods green earth he will have a better career then lebron. Sorry my dude. 

Also lebron is far more clutch wtf bro. You’re delusional your hate for lebron is laughable. Give the man credit. 

Edited by Sikhguy23

51 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Lol I will hold you to this tweet when the playoffs hit. 

As far as careers go you thinking kawhi is better is a &^@#ing joke. He’s averaged what 18ppg for his career. Do you forget about all the final records lebron has like leading both teams in all major stats. Lebrons arguably a top 2 player of all time kawhi would be lucky to make it into the top 10. I mean anything can happen but there is no way on gods green earth he will have a better career then lebron. Sorry my dude. 

Also lebron is far more clutch wtf bro. You’re delusional your hate for lebron is laughable. Give the man credit. 

Clutch? He has losing record in the finals. And name me a game winning shot which had such an impact on a season as the one Kawhi hit against PHI

13 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Clutch? He has losing record in the finals. And name me a game winning shot which had such an impact on a season as the one Kawhi hit against PHI

Last time I checked its a team game. The only finals he can be faulted for is the one against the mavs. Sorry he didnt have shaq carrying him like another superstar, or have someone like Pippen on his team to do a substantial amount of work. 

Dude I don't even want to get started with you. Lets see a couple years ago against the bulls in the playoffs, or the winner against the raptors last year. Lebron has hit the most game winners in the playoffs my goodness, if you're going to talk basketball at least know your $&!#.

Edited by Sikhguy23
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, shiznak said:

I think it’s the other way around, that he never intend on staying. He used the Raptors as leverage, and forced OKC in trading PG. Also, there are reports that he’s been trying to recruit PG to join him since FA started. 

Well, OKC used Raptors to leverage for a record deal of picks from LAC. They all do it. Part of business.  If LAC didn't get PG, Leonard would have gone to Lakers.  He wanted to return to CA, no mystery before he was even traded to Toronto.  At least Raptors gambled and won. Had they not trade for him, Raptors may still be winless for the next 20 yrs. 

10 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

With all these pickups I think the lakers are the team to beat especially if boggie gets healthy and cook and Kuzma take another step. Championship number 4 for bron bron pending, hopefully. 

Seriously who is stopping AD and Boogie? Easily the best frontcourt in the league With Bron and Kuz on the wings the LAL will be tough man. 

I'm hoping Iggy gets bought out so he can sign on aswell. Pelinka is his former agent and he wants to play with Lebron/AD. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Seriously who is stopping AD and Boogie? Easily the best frontcourt in the league With Bron and Kuz on the wings the LAL will be tough man. 

I'm hoping Iggy gets bought out so he can sign on aswell. Pelinka is his former agent and he wants to play with Lebron/AD. 

I think the Grizz know if they buy him out he's going to the Lakers. I think they're looking for a trade to prevent that, he would be a great pickup. 

Lol exactly haters don't even realize Kawhi not signing on is the best thing that could have happened. Lakers got  top 5 depth on the team and couple that with AD and Lebron they are going to be a  handful. They actually put shooters around Lebron this year; Green, Cook, Dudley are flat out shooters especially the former 2.

12 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Last time I checked its a team game. The only finals he can be faulted for is the one against the mavs. Sorry he didnt have shaq carrying him like another superstar, or have someone like Pippen on his team to do a substantial amount of work. 

Dude I don't even want to get started with you. Lets see a couple years ago against the bulls in the playoffs, or the winner against the raptors last year. Lebron has hit the most game winners in the playoffs my goodness, if you're going to talk basketball at least know your $&!#.

What are you even saying. He had Dwayne Wade. And then he had Kyrie Irving.

Who did Kawhi have this season? Kyle Lowry? Fred Vanvleet? Differrent realms of talent.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Who did Kawhi have this season? Kyle Lowry? Fred Vanvleet? Differrent realms of talent.

Lol who was the driving factor in all the titles. You blame him for the losses but aren’t giving him the credit for the wins. Again it’s a  team sport. 

Kawhi had the benefit of depth on his team but the most important thing..... injuries. You think he’s beating a healthy golden state team??? Your takes are horrible, stop. 

14 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

He has a losing record because it was literally just him and **checks notes** Matthew Dellavedova in 2015, and he still pushed that Warriors team to six games. In 2018 if Smith didn’t go completely brain dead at the end of the game that might have changed the entire dynamic of that series, and we don’t need to go into deep discussion about his first loss to the Spurs dynasty. The only Finals he should have won was 2011. 

19 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

I was actually about to come into this thread to say I'm glad hockey hasn't gone the way of the NBA. When you have the star players practically capable of choosing who will be the powerhouse teams, that's a big indication that it's not a team sport. If it were a team sport, you wouldn't have teams trading 5 1st round draft picks for a star player.

If this was a team sport, you wouldn't have teams willing to practically sell their entire team for 1 player. That's anti-team sport at that point.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Heard the Kawhi insisted on Clippers getting George, because George plays hard defensively.  Got to respect players that accept winning comes from playing your guts out on D.  Kawhi might have only spent one season with the Raps, but his influence on the young guys there is going to having a long lasting impact.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I was actually about to come into this thread to say I'm glad hockey hasn't gone the way of the NBA. When you have the star players practically capable of choosing who will be the powerhouse teams, that's a big indication that it's not a team sport. If it were a team sport, you wouldn't have teams trading 5 1st round draft picks for a star player.

If this was a team sport, you wouldn't have teams willing to practically sell their entire team for 1 player. That's anti-team sport at that point.

One player can change the course of a game for a team, one player can flip the fortunes of a team, but one player by himself cannot win a championship. Hence my statement, you win as a team you lose as a team. That was proven in 07 when the spurs manhandled the Cavs. Heck it was even proven when the raptors beat the bucks; depth always comes out on top.

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard the Kawhi insisted on Clippers getting George, because George plays hard defensively.  Got to respect players that accept winning comes from playing your guts out on D.  Kawhi might have only spent one season with the Raps, but his influence on the young guys there is going to having a long lasting impact.  

he was trying for KD when that failed he wanted PG

Good luck Kawhi. Hope you and PG can upstage LeBron every night. 

Might be best for Raps to rebuild/retool next year. Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol all on contract years.  Trading them all next year by deadline would garner a good return. 

If they do it right they can nab one of the big name FAs in 2021 too. Just gotta hope that they can acquire another good young piece with Siakam. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Upvote 1