The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

Some folks (likely salty Laker fans) are claiming that Kawhi deliberately delayed his decision to keep the Lakers from acquiring other free agents that might have helped them.

So sad for the Lakers who weren't able to buy themselves a championship next season. They'll just have to find some diamonds in the rough and rise to the top with only two Superstars....kind of like the Raptors did this year....<_<

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Some folks (likely salty Laker fans) are claiming that Kawhi deliberately delayed his decision to keep the Lakers from acquiring other free agents that might have helped them.

That was probably just a good side effect for Kawhi. It's well known now that he was never delaying his decision, he was waiting for the LAC to trade for Paul George. One of the Lakers or Raptors were never seriously considered though.

1 minute ago, Xbox said:

That was probably just a good side effect for Kawhi. It's well known now that he was never delaying his decision, he was waiting for the LAC to trade for Paul George. One of the Lakers or Raptors were never seriously considered though.

Personally, I think it was a good side effect for basketball. I'm sure Laker fans will disagree, which makes it all the more satisfying....B)

• Upvote 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Personally, I think it was a good side effect for basketball. I'm sure Laker fans will disagree, which makes it all the more satisfying....B)

That is very true! It's nice not having a heavy favourite before the season starts.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Xbox said:

That is very true! It's nice not having a heavy favourite before the season starts.

I think the Lakers are a dangerous team, even without Kawhi. Any team with AD and LeBron is going to be tough to beat.

The West now has three competitive teams in Cali, plus Portland, plus Houston, plus the Jazz, plus Denver.....it is not going to be fun being a Suns fan next year.....

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think the Lakers are a dangerous team, even without Kawhi. Any team with AD and LeBron is going to be tough to beat.

The West now has three competitive teams in Cali, plus Portland, plus Houston, plus the Jazz, plus Denver.....it is not going to be fun being a Suns fan next year.....

Don’t sleep on Dallas as well with Luka and Porzingis.

I think the Jazz are the ones to beat, quite honestly. Despite having no big name superstars, they have amazing depth much like the Sixers in the East.

Edited by shiznak
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

maybe laker fans

should focus on the leaks coming from magic

kawhi made it clear a team that leaked

would not get his services

everyone knew he had trust issues with the lakers

and they proved to not be trustworthy

i'm sure kawhi was pleased delays caused by the lac and okc trade

had a negative impact on the lakers

but laker fans cannot bring themselves criticize magic for loose lips

better to just dump on kawhi instead

Edited by coastal.view

On 7/8/2019 at 10:07 AM, shiznak said:

I think the Jazz are the ones to beat, quite honestly. Despite having no big name superstars, they have amazing depth much like the Sixers in the East.

Name the team in the last 30 years that won without a superstar?

It's Detroit in 04 and they had a few hall of famers and well accomplished all nba and defensive team members. 

The Jazz will be a regular season darling, which ultimately falls to star heavy teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Houston, and don't sleep on Golden State either. Klay will be back post allstar break and they have 4 all-nba caliber players. The west is loaded!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

People are sleeping on how good Davis is.

He probably passes Lebron this year as a better player. He can basically do it all. From shooting 3s and crossing up big men to protecting the rim and locking up guys. 

Should be a top 3 mvp candidate imo. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Lakers vs clippers series would be unreal!.

I love Kawhi, but im going to give the edge to the combo of Lebron and AD, over him and PG13. People are sleeping on how good Davis is.

I got Davis winning MVP this year. I got the last two right FWIW

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2019 at 11:45 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Good luck Kawhi. Hope you and PG can upstage LeBron every night. 

Might be best for Raps to rebuild/retool next year. Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol all on contract years.  Trading them all next year by deadline would garner a good return. 

If they do it right they can nab one of the big name FAs in 2021 too. Just gotta hope that they can acquire another good young piece with Siakam. 

Greek freak?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Greek freak?

That’s what everyone is clamouring over. 

If if we were able to acquire a promising young guard through the draft/trade and acquired The Alphabet then we’d be back in contention, especially if Siakam takes another step. 

It’s what I would try to do. Quick retool/rebuild. Siakam, Vanvleet, Powell, OG are all young/just entering their prime. 

14 minutes ago, Pears said:

WOJ JUST DROPPED A NUKE

2 of the biggest ball hogs in the league together. They'll most likely make it work, but it would make for a good media story if they don't. Was a big fan of CP3 especially in his early days, but based on all the stories coming out about him I really wouldn't care if he was exiled somewhere. 

• Cheers 1