Sign in to follow this  
BoKnows

NBA Discussion

Rate this topic

On 7/8/2019 at 10:07 AM, shiznak said:

I think the Jazz are the ones to beat, quite honestly. Despite having no big name superstars, they have amazing depth much like the Sixers in the East.

The Jazz got trounced by 25 at the hands of the Lakers on the 2nd night of a b2b. Utah was vastly overrated in the West. One of the LA teams is going to win it all. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Van40 said:

The Jazz got trounced by 25 at the hands of the Lakers on the 2nd night of a b2b. Utah was vastly overrated in the West. One of the LA teams is going to win it all. 

If they have a healthy Connolly come playoffs they might give some teams a run for their money. 

lakers will win I think Especially if they pick up another piece at the buyout window ala bledsoe/cp3, no one can stop a lbj-ad pnr. Lebron is hungry, you can tell from the way he is playing. 

21 hours ago, Xbox said:

Jazz announcer bashing LeBron last night...  No wonder they call it Salt Lake City 

Not a Lebron (or Lakers) fan, but that was well played....

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Van40 said:

Agreed. Can't wait for that WCF. Early edge I give to LAL. 

Edited by Xbox

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not a Lebron (or Lakers) fan, but that was well played....

Give me a meatball over the plate and I'm knocking it out of the park B) 

Just now, Xbox said:

Give me a meatball over the plate and I'm knocking it out of the park B) 

And as well you should....:)

20 hours ago, Van40 said:

Well, that’s why it’s called a bold prediction. It’s easy to say, Lakers and Clippers are the favourites, because of their duos superstar, but if Ingles, Conley, Green, and Mudiay, play like they did last season. They could have very well be the deepest team in the NBA.

PG - Conley

SG - Mitchell

C - Gobert

PF - Ingles

SF - Bogdanovic 

Their starting five all averaged 15+  points last season, and then you have Green and Mudiay averaging 12+ points off the bench. Not to mention you have your defensive player of the year winner as your center. It was right for me to say they were the team to beat.

• Hydration 1

18 hours ago, shiznak said:

Well, that’s why it’s called a bold prediction. It’s easy to say, Lakers and Clippers are the favourites, because of their duos superstar, but if Ingles, Conley, Green, and Mudiay, play like they did last season. They could have very well be the deepest team in the NBA.

PG - Conley

SG - Mitchell

C - Gobert

PF - Ingles

SF - Bogdanovic 

Their starting five all averaged 15+  points last season, and then you have Green and Mudiay averaging 12+ points off the bench. Not to mention you have your defensive player of the year winner as your center. It was right for me to say they were the team to beat.

idk about that. Gobert is playing like a shell of his former self, AD took him to the cleaners when they played. Ingles is w.e he'll give you 15 maybe, but Conley is a question mark especially due to his injuries. Like I said above if healthy they will give teams a run for their money in the playoffs, but no way are they the team to beat.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, shiznak said:

PG - Conley

SG - Mitchell

C - Gobert

PF - Ingles

SF - Bogdanovic 

Like I've mentioned before, only 1 team with a similar makeup to the Jazz has won it all in the last 30 years and they were the exception to the rule. 

Jazz don't have a reliable star, teams like them struggle in the playoffs. Depth means little compared to star power. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Sikhguy23 said:

idk about that. Gobert is playing like a shell of his former self, AD took him to the cleaners when they played. Ingles is w.e he'll give you 15 maybe, but Conley is a question mark especially due to his injuries. Like I said above if healthy they will give teams a run for their money in the playoffs, but no way are they the team to beat.

I wouldn’t say took him to the cleaners. Gobert’s defensive useage rate was 114 (points allowed per 100 possessions), which was the lowest on the team, that played over 25 minutes. He also out-rebounded Davis by 4 and was only a +3 on the floor.

The reason why the Lakers beat the Jazz by 25, was because of bench points. Just Rondo and Kuzma alone out-scored the entire Utah bench by 8. Utah’s bench also shot well below .45%, 41% to be exact. Compared to the Lakers bench that shot 51%. 

As for Gobert playing like a shell of his former shelf. He’s pretty much on par with his stats from last season, and he’s actually averaging more rebounds than last year. 

Edited by shiznak

Siakam, Gasol, Powell, and VanVleet all injured...

If the Raptors start to slide during the next few weeks can we expect some trades?  I think if the Raptors slide we can possibly see a Lowry, or Ibaka trade.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Siakam, Gasol, Powell, and VanVleet all injured...

If the Raptors start to slide during the next few weeks can we expect some trades?  I think if the Raptors slide we can possibly see a Lowry, or Ibaka trade.

Heard on ESPN the Raps would be front runners to sign the Freak.  I think they need to keep Lowery to lure Freak.

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard on ESPN the Raps would be front runners to sign the Freak.  I think they need to keep Lowery to lure Freak.

Lowry's contract is strategically ending in 2021, so we have the money to offer the Freak a huge contract.  Lowry is making $31M a season, as an aging PG.  Masai would regret it if he didn't listen to offers for Lowry at the trade deadline, especially if we're a 7-8 seed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't know about "front runners", but I suppose the good news is that to someone living in the sprawling metropolis of Milwaukee, Toronto would probably seem like a big city...

Hopefully, Giannis has a lot of Drake on his play list.

• Haha 1

Just now, BoKnows said:

Lowry's contract is strategically ending in 2021, so we have the money to offer the Freak a huge contract.  Lowry is making $31M a season, as an aging PG.  Masai would regret it if he didn't listen to offers for Lowry at the trade deadline, especially if we're a 7-8 seed. 

Yep. Start restocking the cupboard and let Fred run the offense...

I think the guy who will get a lot of interest from contenders is Gasol....

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yep. Start restocking the cupboard and let Fred run the offense...

I think the guy who will get a lot of interest from contenders is Gasol....

Fred, Siakam, and Powell are the future of this team.  Changing of the guard is coming soon, sooner than some of anticipated I believe.

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I don't know about "front runners", but I suppose the good news is that to someone living in the sprawling metropolis of Milwaukee, Toronto would probably seem like a big city...

Hopefully, Giannis has a lot of Drake on his play list.

The Raps GM is very close to Giannis on a personal level.  

Just now, BoKnows said:

Fred, Siakam, and Powell are the future of this team.  Changing of the guard is coming soon, sooner than some of anticipated I believe.

Lowery plays like an old fashioned point guard from a toughness standpoint.  Raps would miss that I think.  

Just now, BoKnows said:

OG....maybe even Hollis-Jefferson and Boucher....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Lowery plays like an old fashioned point guard from a toughness standpoint.  Raps would miss that I think.  

How many seasons does he have left though?  I think his style of play is going to catch up to him soon.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

OG....maybe even Hollis-Jefferson and Boucher....

True, just threw some names out there.  The future looks bright for Toronto.  Especially if Pascal turns into a bonafide super-star and if we can sign a marquee free-agent (Giannis, Oladipo).