The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

As if the Hawks didn't have enough bad breaks lately:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872276-hawks-chandler-parsons-has-potential-career-ending-injuries-from-car-crash?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Atlanta Hawks forward Chandler Parsons says he suffered "multiple severe and permanent injuries" as the result of a car crash Jan. 15 that could "potentially" end his career.

The law firm Morgan & Morgan issued a statement (h/t Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes) detailing the crash. A driver later arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence struck Parsons as he was on his way home from Hawks practice:

The statement said Parsons suffered a brain injury, a herniated disc and a torn labrum in the crash.

"Chandler was in peak physical condition at the time of the wreck," his representatives said. "He is now working with a team of doctors to regain his health, and at this time, his ability to return to play is unclear."

Parsons has made five appearances for the Hawks, who acquired him from the Memphis Grizzlies in July for Solomon Hill and Miles Plumlee. He hasn't played since Atlanta's 112-86 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks on Dec. 27.

Knee injuries have largely derailed his NBA career. He played in 95 games over his three seasons with the Grizzlies.

However, during a December interview with HoopsHype's Bryan Kalbrosky, the 31-year-old said he was "the most healthy I've been in a long time."

"My knees feel great, my body feels great," he said. "Hopefully, it's just a blessing in disguise that I'm not playing now and I'll be ready. It sucks, but at the same time I'm preserving my body and like I said…I'm dying to play, but it's out of my control."

The Hawks announced last week Parsons had been involved in the crash and was diagnosed with a concussion and whiplash.

He is in the final year of the four-year, $94.4 million deal he signed with the Grizzlies in 2016.

"A driver later arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence"....<_<

11 hours ago, Van40 said:

Zion is must watch television. So damn good!

Good for him, don't follow much hoops but nice he rebounded from that injury.  The Pelicans though.... change that name lol.  

• Haha 1

How about the Raps?  2nd in the East and winners of 12 straight after a nail-biter tonight.  Still amazes me how this team has some previously unheralded contributors who can still deliver a record equivalent to what Kawhi led them to last year.

Anyone have them successfully defending their title?

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

BTW: Anyone got any idea WTF the Cavs are doing? :unsure:

Trying to make the playoffs with a 19-34 record. Only 10 games back!!!

On an interesting note, Giannis picked Siakam and Lowry for his all-star team, while being coached by Nick Nurse.

Giannis to Toronto in 2021, confirmed.

• Cheers 1

On 2/6/2020 at 3:20 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

BTW: Anyone got any idea WTF the Cavs are doing? :unsure:

That's what I was thinking, getting another center and losing Brandon Knight?!

I'm liking the Dubs' move though, getting more pieces to restock for next year (Steph - Klay - Wiggins - Draymond is a solid core, plus they have Paschall and Looney who are solid role players)

EDIT: how good are they going to be with either Steph or Klay back?  They narrowly lost to the Lakers with just Wiggins carrying

Edited by Phil_314
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 1:44 PM, Van40 said:

Yes the Clipps are in a better position to win it all this year but I meant if Kawhi had stayed in Toronto his teammates and coach are better than what he has in LA right now. 

The Raptors are off to a great start and it's mostly been without Lowry and Ibaka. I think they have a realistic chance of making the finals again. 

Raps 41-15

Clippers 37-19

Raps would of been scary had KL and Green stayed. The league got lucky. 

On 2/22/2020 at 7:00 PM, Van40 said:

Raps 41-15

Clippers 37-19

Raps would of been scary had KL and Green stayed. The league got lucky. 

Regular season records without context are meaningless. Just like the 73 win Warriors team wasn't close to being the best team all time. Their win total went down with KD but I think we could both agree that KD >>>> Bogut and Barnes. Context is required to regular season win totals, its just how things are especially with the load management and stars treating regular season like its pre-season. The Lakers/Clippers could slip to the 7th spot in the conference and I would still bet on them to meet in the WCF. The playoffs are where we see who shines and who gets exposed, regular season you will even see the likes of Jordan Clarkson ball out.

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Toews said:

Regular season records without context are meaningless. Just like the 73 win Warriors team wasn't close to being the best team all time. Their win total went down with KD but I think we could both agree that KD >>>> Bogut and Barnes. Context is required to regular season win totals, its just how things are especially with the load management and stars treating regular season like its pre-season. The Lakers/Clippers could slip to the 7th spot in the conference and I would still bet on them to meet in the WCF. The playoffs are where we see who shines and who gets exposed, regular season you will even see the likes of Jordan Clarkson ball out.

Raps have that record despite their allstars missing double digit games.

Kawhi made the wrong decision to team up with George Paul when he had a ready made potential dynasty in the Raps. Just my opinion. Let's see how it plays out...

6 hours ago, Van40 said:

Raps have that record despite their allstars missing double digit games.

Kawhi made the wrong decision to team up with George Paul when he had a ready made potential dynasty in the Raps. Just my opinion. Let's see how it plays out...

Who is this "George Paul" of which you speak?

9 hours ago, Van40 said:

The weirdo with 2 first names from Palmdale, who got a stripper pregnant :lol:

Who cheated on his coaches daughter, and got said stripper pregnant hahahaha. Can't see how Doc stands this guy.

As far as kawhi goes; it is what it is. I just hope lebron and the lakers are the ones coming out of the west. On a side note, I may not like the raptors, but Nurse is a hell of a coach; the intensity, and the D the team has been playing since he took over is amazing. 

• Upvote 2