The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

• 4 weeks later...

JJ Reddick is such an idiot, two cupcakes getting criticism because they tucked their tails between their legs and ran to super teams to win titles has a lot to do with racism. :rolleyes:

Even if there was an element of racism to this, who cares? Both those guys are multi-millionaires, the outcome has been a positive one in both cases. If you are going to feel guilt for anyone JJ, lets talk about the people who are actually suffering and victimized due to racism. 

6 hours ago, fivethej said:

Did anyone happen to record Toronto Raptors vs Vancouver Grizzlies November 1995 game that was shown on TSN last week? Missed it. TSN isn't posting the games on-line.

Different game but should still be entertaining!

• 3 weeks later...

A little controversy in the NBA yesterday, but this time it was an old culprit: The refs.

In the Celtics - Bucks game with the score tied at 107, Celts guard, Marcus Smart drew a charge from Giannis, that coincidentally was the 6th foul for Antetokounmpo.

After reviewing the play, the zebras reversed the call and Smart was assessed a blocking foul. Smart, (quite rightly, IMO) says the refs overturned the call to keep Antetokounmpo in the game. You can all watch and decide for yourselves. I'm not an expert on this, but I thought it was pretty clear that Smart had established position o the play.

The pro sports "superstar" call strikes again....<_<

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A little controversy in the NBA yesterday, but this time it was an old culprit: The refs.

In the Celtics - Bucks game with the score tied at 107, Celts guard, Marcus Smart drew a charge from Giannis, that coincidentally was the 6th foul for Antetokounmpo.

After reviewing the play, the zebras reversed the call and Smart was assessed a blocking foul. Smart, (quite rightly, IMO) says the refs overturned the call to keep Antetokounmpo in the game. You can all watch and decide for yourselves. I'm not an expert on this, but I thought it was pretty clear that Smart had established position o the play.

The pro sports "superstar" call strikes again....<_<

That wasn't even the first time in the game where Giannis probably should have fouled out. This happened a few minutes before:

It was reviewed and deemed to not be a hostile act, so the refs didn't call a flagrant (although I've read snippets of the rulebook that make it seem like they didn't have the ability to review a flagrant in that scenario to begin with). But apparently since they didn't call it a foul on the floor, they couldn't retroactively give him a regular foul, either.

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Toews said:

MPJ looks like a future superstar, he has also quite recently claimed his spot on the All-Conspiracy team along side Kyrie Irving and Dwight Howard. He is on a HOF trajectory. 

He's winning MIP next season.

Terence Davis is also on team conspiracy...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Dang both #1 seeds lost their first game.

Dame Dollar sure came to play though, with those deeeeeeeep 3's in the 4th quarter.

I'm more shocked that the Bucks lost.  I knew that the Blazers/Lakers series was going to be competitive, Dame has been on fire in the bubble.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 8/5/2020 at 5:20 PM, Toews said:

MPJ looks like a future superstar, he has also quite recently claimed his spot on the All-Conspiracy team along side Kyrie Irving and Dwight Howard. He is on a HOF trajectory. 

Ya if he can stay healthy though, same goes for Bol Bol.