The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Nikita Zaitsev

On 15/11/2015 12:23:12, HC20.0 said:

Toronto can go suck a lemon. They're always reported to be in on everything. After taking Corrado then not playing him at all, I don't think adding another defensemen will sit well with anyone. 

Whatever as far as that goes in my books. If they add someone they'll have to drop a D though, and it may mean the end of Corrado's time in Toronto. If so, and we can claim him back, then we can potentially send him down to the AHL (depending on circumstances of said re-claim).

I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Zaitsev to see what he can do, mind you...

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Missed the boat on Panarin.. did we even consider? It's management like that that separates pretenders from contenders.

We didn't miss anything. He chose Chicago.

When you win the cup 3 times in 6 years, players tend to want to play for you. Who do you think he'd rather play with anyways: Patrick Kane in his prime or Brandon Sutter?

• 2 months later...
On November 1, 2015 at 9:54 PM, Gstank29 said:

You are going to have to throw some huge bonus cash his way. IDK what we could really sell him on though, we don't have any Russians, we aren't a Cup contender, I guess you could sell him on the City and Willie but thats going to be hard when his English is probably at the same level as a  fifth grader.

Hey!  Jacques Demers was illiterate completely but turned out very successfully.  Wille's English skills at a 5th grade level?  No wonder it's taken awhile for the team to catch on to Willie's strategy.  It's just so simple... Even a 5th grader could understand it.

1 hour ago, nom_de_plume said:

Hey!  Jacques Demers was illiterate completely but turned out very successfully.  Wille's English skills at a 5th grade level?  No wonder it's taken awhile for the team to catch on to Willie's strategy.  It's just so simple... Even a 5th grader could understand it.

Trymakins english level is probably at the level of a 5th grader.....

8 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

@FriedgeHNIC: Hearing Russian free-agent D Nikita Zaitsev is telling teams his intention is to sign with TOR next season. Would be a one-year ELC.

...don't do it Zaitsev. You're young, healthy, and have a long life ahead of you. 

EW

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

@FriedgeHNIC: Hearing Russian free-agent D Nikita Zaitsev is telling teams his intention is to sign with TOR next season. Would be a one-year ELC.

...don't do it Zaitsev. You're young, healthy, and have a long life ahead of you. 

They can have him, as long as we get Stamkos. 

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Disappointing. Figured we're the PERFECT destination for such a RH'd PMD.

Ive heard that the KHL is having trouble due to the decline of the Russian Rubble compared to the USD..  Coming here makes big buissiness sense if you make USDs and take them home for Rubbles..  I realize that this is speculative talk about a move for Zaitsev,. And of course Toronto is the center of the Universe for "hockey talk"..  

But it will be interesting to see if this starts an exodus of eligible players from the KHL, who have interest from NHL Teams.  

Tryamkin being eligible at the end of his KHL season, and protected by the Canucks makes this interesting already.

about 3 years ago:

35 RR = 1 USD

Last Week:

76 RR = 1 USD

3 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Oh man, poor sod. Hopefully he comes to his senses.

Archived