The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Warning...Rumour {Eklund} Fowler on the move to Boston?

I'd be exstatic if we aquired Fowler, however I can't see a trade for him not involving one of our top prospects. Would you do it? I don't think Anaheim would want Hamhuis...

as would I however I think the Ducks may be finding out taking the Canucks pieces isn't exactly a recipe for success lol

So.. Boston trades away a young, promising right handed defenseman in Hamilton (who is better/younger than Fowler) because he's expendable? and after only 3 months, suddenly feel that they want a young, promising defenseman?

Love how Bruins management is being run by a bunch of idiots.

They shouldn't have let Chiarelli go.

The Anaheim rumours are going to come in droves if they don't turn it around soon.  I could see Boston trying to grab a young Dman after losing Hamilton, but who would Anaheim want in return?  No way they want Chara. Perhaps Ericksson or Hayes.  Marchand?  I don't see this happening unless Boston is willing to give up goals, cuz that's what Anaheim needs. This could easily be another Eklund turd on a wall.

I'd rather take a stab at Shea Theodore than Fowler who's getting a bit washed up now. Wouldn't mind Lindholm or Vatanen though if the Ducks are really looking to mix things up.

Shinkaruk and/or Gaunce are our best trading chips at the moment. Anaheim like their forwards big and skilled, so throw Jensen in there as a possible chip too.

I'd do Shinkaruk for Theodore straight up in a heart-beat. Or even better, Jensen + 2nd rounder for Theodore. That's a future top-6 forward for a future top-4 defenceman, or a middle-6 forward + early 2nd (Columbus') for a top-4 defenceman.

Horvat, McCann, Cassels down the middle. Virtanen, Boeser, Baertschi, Gaunce, Shinkaruk on the wing. That's a pretty decent forward group. Now add Hutton, Subban and Theodore. All that defence needs is another shutdown right handed, physical defenceman and they're set.

I'd rather take a stab at Shea Theodore than Fowler who's getting a bit washed up now. Wouldn't mind Lindholm or Vatanen though if the Ducks are really looking to mix things up.

Shinkaruk and/or Gaunce are our best trading chips at the moment. Anaheim like their forwards big and skilled, so throw Jensen in there as a possible chip too.

I'd do Shinkaruk for Theodore straight up in a heart-beat. Or even better, Jensen + 2nd rounder for Theodore. That's a future top-6 forward for a future top-4 defenceman, or a middle-6 forward + early 2nd (Columbus') for a top-4 defenceman.

Horvat, McCann, Cassels down the middle. Virtanen, Boeser, Baertschi, Gaunce, Shinkaruk on the wing. That's a pretty decent forward group. Now add Hutton, Subban and Theodore. All that defence needs is another shutdown right handed, physical defenceman and they're set.

You do realize he's 23, right? 34 and 36 points the last two seasons... and he's washed up... wow.

Um, what?  Player?  Are? You? Talking? About?

Not sure if you're serious, but Cam Fowler - scored 10 points in 16 playoff games just months ago.

He has outstanding underlying numbers

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=30&s=29&f1=2015_s&f2=5v5&f5=ANA&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67#

- some of the best on the Ducks, with only 39% offensive zone starts...

And he hasn't turned 24 yet and already has over 150 NHL points.  

"Wouldn't mind Lindholm or Vatanen".... yeah - wouldn't mind either of them lol - or Fowler.

CDC is excellent is only good at extremes. People on these boards either completely undervalue or overvalue players on our team and other teams.

Some of you saying Fowler is "washed up" are hilarious. I'd take Fowler over every D on our current roster. 

Sorry buddy! But Eklund rumours, especially when the rumour mill is quiet, dont add up much merit.

I mean, even if it wasm't Eklund, I'd still be skeptical because the Bruins dont have logic. Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if I woke up tomorrow to see Rask was traded for peanuts.

That's why he prefaced the topic with a Warning. He knew it was Eklund and due to that fact, the rumour was probably full of fecal matter.

Um, what?  Player?  Are? You? Talking? About?

Not sure if you're serious, but Cam Fowler - scored 10 points in 16 playoff games just months ago.

He has outstanding underlying numbers

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?ds=30&s=29&f1=2015_s&f2=5v5&f5=ANA&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67#

- some of the best on the Ducks, with only 39% offensive zone starts...

And he hasn't turned 24 yet and already has over 150 NHL points.  

"Wouldn't mind Lindholm or Vatanen".... yeah - wouldn't mind either of them lol - or Fowler.

DownUnda often doesn't know what he's talking about. Fowler's an excellent young defenceman. 

Archived