The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller, for early season MVP

ButcherG

I think its time for some Kudos for our goalie.

He took a lot of heat last season, with the Lack competition, and his contract et al.

This season, Miller has been earning his keep in a big way. He has kept this team in a lot of close games, and has stole a couple already.

Hope he can keep the wheels on the cart all year long, and turn up his game in the playoffs.

I think there's a typo in your name, it should read *Buzzkill*

But he's been very good and I'm glad to see he hasn't had any major lag time to find his form again after the long injury layoff. Now just to get Markstrom back so we can find out if he is the goalie Benning hopes so we have a transition plan.

Yes.

But I can also see signs he is starting to burn out.

They need to get Markstrom playing regularly and give Miller a chance to catch his second wind or we will see another injury.

He's definitely been excellent. 

otoh, how many people outside B.C. would consider as MVP a goalie with the league's 19th best save percentage, 16th best GAA who is tied for 13th in wins while being tied for 2nd in games played?

Those numbers don't do Miller's performance so far this year justice, but if thinking MVP people are going to consider them.

As to whether he's really been the league's most valuable player to his team, I have to confess not following the season closely enough to judge the contributions made by players on other teams.  I'd agree he's been the mvp for the Canucks so far.

He's definitely been excellent. 

otoh, how many people outside B.C. would consider as MVP a goalie with the league's 19th best save percentage, 16th best GAA who is tied for 13th in wins while being tied for 2nd in games played?

Those numbers don't do Miller's performance so far this year justice, but if thinking MVP people are going to consider them.

As to whether he's really been the league's most valuable player to his team, I have to confess not following the season closely enough to judge the contributions made by players on other teams.  I'd agree he's been the mvp for the Canucks so far.

take out the goalies that have sub 5 games played then his stats are more respectable

Archived