The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So Jeff Patterson has his own radio show Saturdays now on 1040

Frogger009

I heard a bit of it this past Saturday, primarily talks Canucks and some other NHL stuff.

But to the point, I can't be the only one who can't stand him. His voice is part of it, but I can get past that. It's the way he takes 5 minutes to say something that would take a normal person 30 seconds to say. The way he makes long winded questions to guests that try to direct them to the answer he wants them to say. The way his questions all include a statement with his own brilliant thoughts. I would rather listen to Bro Jake and Pratt than this guy. But anyways, we get him for 3 hours now on Saturdays unless the Canucks are playing. Happy days. 

Maybe I don't get out enough but, who?

regards,                                                                                                                                                                                                  G.                                                                                                                                                                  

It will be like 2 Saturdays a month. Surely you can go outside and do something and not listen to him for the six hours/month he will be on the radio? 

Well yeah, obviously I'm not going to listen to it. But he is on during the week sometimes and is there top fill in guy. The show just reminded me how much I dislike him on the radio. 

I heard a bit of it this past Saturday, primarily talks Canucks and some other NHL stuff.

But to the point, I can't be the only one who can't stand him. His voice is part of it, but I can get past that. It's the way he takes 5 minutes to say something that would take a normal person 30 seconds to say. The way he makes long winded questions to guests that try to direct them to the answer he wants them to say. The way his questions all include a statement with his own brilliant thoughts. I would rather listen to Bro Jake and Pratt than this guy. But anyways, we get him for 3 hours now on Saturdays unless the Canucks are playing. Happy days. 

1. He's long winded - agree

2. He whine's alot and basically just tries to stir up controversy, there must be some related to him on this board ;)

3. He's annoying so yes

4. No thanks to Fatty Pratty though

I find he seems to always look at the glass half empty. Always bringing up the "what ifs.." (Miller gets injured....the kids drop off in production etc..) And he does that all with the inflection that everything is one big joke. He is irritating somewhat...

..but I'll take it if the alternative is some Fox or ESPN eastern feed from the US with overthetop sound effects and quite literally shouting into the microphone about some southern State college basketball or high school football team competition that I don't have a clue about nor do I want to.  We already get that on 1410, and all night on 1040.

Well yeah, obviously I'm not going to listen to it. But he is on during the week sometimes and is there top fill in guy. The show just reminded me how much I dislike him on the radio. 

Totally fair and I agree. 

Archived