The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask theminister Anything

theminister

Sounds very similar to the path I've described in the 'jobs' discussion. I'd agree almost entirely with your worldview.

I was also asking specifically about how life worked for you after the Psychology turned up as a dead end.

Still alive. So far, so good. 

I've done stuff, I'm doing stuff, I'll do more stuff. 

I am much better about pursuing the things I enjoy now. I don't do things I don't like anymore, even for good money. 

I am continuing school now, at Royal Roads, for a B.Comm. 

Then you didn't answer the question!:o

It would depend on your definition of sport, then. To me, there are many activities that are considered 'sports' by many people but are actually just athletic artfoms. This is the category I put pro wresling in, along with ice dance and synchronized swimming. They may take a high degree of athleticism but putting an arbitrary score on them doesn't make them a sport, anymore than ballet is. 

If you then use my definition of sport, my least favourite is motor sports like NASCAR. I can appreciate some of Indy but the inclusion of machines makes me go, "Meh."

Still alive. So far, so good. 

I've done stuff, I'm doing stuff, I'll do more stuff. 

I am much better about pursuing the things I enjoy now. I don't do things I don't like anymore, even for good money. 

I am continuing school now, at Royal Roads, for a B.Comm. 

nice.

may you continue to enjoy the things you find enjoyment in.

Where are we going to get a young, RH'd, ideally with some size, currently able to play #4, with top pairing potential D and ready for that top pairing potential in ~3 years?

Do they have to be RH or just be able to play it? I don't think that's as necessary. 

I don't KNOW where we will get one...but if I'm JB I'm calling up Shero and asking about Severson RIGHT NOW, before it's too late. I'd also be talking to Ottawa about Wiercioch, although LH. 

Ideally RH'd but lefty able to play it would suffice (don't have much choice if we can't get a righty, do we? :P ). 

Severson would fit but I'm doubtful we'd be able to snag him. Particularly as there's little incentive to move him given where NJ is as an organization I'd think.

I'm assuming we'd need deal with more of a contending team with more prospects than space for them and more of a need for a vet for a playoff push (something like: one of Vrbata/Hamhuis, a prospect and a pick) you have other insight on that?

Same with Wiercoch I'd imagine.

Ideally RH'd but lefty able to play it would suffice (don't have much choice if we can't get a righty, do we? :P ). 

Severson would fit but I'm doubtful we'd be able to snag him. Particularly as there's little incentive to move him given where NJ is as an organization I'd think.

I'm assuming we'd need deal with more of a contending team with more prospects than space for them and more of a need for a vet for a playoff push (something like: one of Vrbata/Hamhuis, a prospect and a pick) you have other insight on that?

Same with Wiercoch I'd imagine.

Maybe....but the price isn't going to go down. I'd pay it now. NJ needs F prospects. I'd give them Shinkaruk straight up, if they'd take it. Either way, regardless of where you get one, that isn't going to come cheap. Expecting to find that and not pay a lot is asking too much. 

I'd be more willing to pay to get the right piece than a 'bargain' in Schenn. 

Edit: and I believe in sideways deals. Move Hammer/Vrbata for futures. Then move futures for a piece rather than trying to draw a straight line. 

Archived