The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask theminister Anything

theminister

Had a weird dream last night I was on a space mission to find life/inhabitable planets and landed on a planet full of seemingly abandoned homes/buildings. My crew was about to start heading out to see if we could find any inhabitants when some large robots came buy presumably looking for us and/or inhabitants. We headed underground in to the sewer systems and were starting to formulate a plan when I got woken up.

What does it all mean? How did it end?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On December 2, 2015 at 0:57 PM, J.R. said:

Sutter out another month+....are we about to see some Cheez Whiz?

I totally forgot about this thread...:lol:

I don't KNOW if we will see some Cheez Whiz but it's been time for awhile now.

Here's some Cheez for you:

Vrbata for a 2016 2nd, 2016 3rd

Hamhuis for 2016 2nd, 2017 2nd

Edler, Higgins, Jensen, CBJ's 2nd for Ryan Johanssen

Weber, 2016 3rd for Mark Streit

Bring over Tryamkin asap

After the deadline:

Sedins-Hansen

Baer-RyJo-Sutter

Burrows-Horvat-McCann

Dorsett-Cracknell-Prust

Streit-Tanev

Sbisa-Hutton

Tryamkin-Bartkowski

Pedan-Biega

On November 13, 2015 at 9:47 AM, J.R. said:

Had a weird dream last night I was on a space mission to find life/inhabitable planets and landed on a planet full of seemingly abandoned homes/buildings. My crew was about to start heading out to see if we could find any inhabitants when some large robots came buy presumably looking for us and/or inhabitants. We headed underground in to the sewer systems and were starting to formulate a plan when I got woken up.

What does it all mean? How did it end?

As you lay in hiding in your temporary underground bunker, already terrified and unsure of your next step, you begin to hear faint calling from outside on the street. As you still yourselves to listen intently, you strain to hear what the voices are saying. To your utter dismay and horror you can make out that the entities are calling your party's individual names out.... they know exactly who you all are. Is this some kind of trick?

Recoiling at this you attempt to find another exit and move deeper into the tunnel system. Finding an escape hatch you make your way to the surface only to find that you are surrounded by carvings on the ruined buildings beside you. Looking closer you realize that the words are written in English, shocking you on this far flung planet, and that they are the names of your exploration party. "How can this possibly be?" you ask? Unnerved and shaken you follow the alley way into a courtyard that is full of massive stone statues. To your utter shock we see that they are of yourselves.... and worse yet, they are surrounded by smaller carvings of your families that you left behind on Earth when you departed 8 years prior on your epic journey. Some in your crew begin to break down emotionally and mentally at this realization. Have you wandered into another dimension? Are you going mad? Is this hell?

As you attempt to collect yourselves your group is approached by one of the large robots who comes round the corner into the courtyard. Realizing you have no escape you cower against the wall awaiting your fate. Ominously, the robot approaches without hesitation and stops 10 feet infront of you. As you await your destruction by laser beam or immolation, or worse yet capture and enslavement, you become aware of exactly how helpless you are. Here on a planet, millions of miles from home with no contact possible to Earth, you are at the mercy of this strange and awesome presence in front of you. 

And then you hear it.... it calls hauntingly in a disembodied voice to you by your proper name. "Captain J.R.?"

How is this possible... How does it know you? Can it read your thoughts? You recoil in the horror of this alien presence, understanding that its reality is far beyond your ability top conceive. Falling to your knees you gaze up at it helplessly accepting, in despair, your ultimate fate. You are resigned to your doom.

"Yes, I am," you whisper meekly with the knowledge that you've failed your crew. You can't help them anymore than you can help yourself.

Immediately the robot projects a hologram of stunning quality in front of you..... it's Earth. It's your home. It's impossible.

What you see shocks you and leaves you breathless.

Detailed is the days leading up to your mission and the years that followed, as if watching a news report. When you left Earth those 8 years ago the world was in a place of relative peace and technological advancement.... too much advancement. Scientific discoveries came so quickly and suddenly that humanity was plunged into planet wide conflict followed by a dystopian world of destruction. Earth's civilization was destroyed. The last remaining inhabitants, deciding that there was little hope for the species, had sent out these robot settlers to the same destination for which you had left to explore all those years ago. Due to the rapid and breakneck speed of human technology, these automations were able to arrive at the planet using spaceships that travelled 100s of times more quickly than your own, before your mission had even landed.

What followed was a war of civilizations.... the robots had discovered a planet untouched by the outside... and humanity's last creation turned to destruction for survival. They wiped out the inhabitants of this planet to make it safe for your arrival. 

You had left your solar system to discover new life....but you find only death. Death caused by humanity... the last legacy of your now dead planet Earth.

If humanity is to survive... it's up to the handful of you...your crew is the last of a nearly deceased species... left to scratch out a new beginning on an alien world you had helped destroy before you had ever arrived.

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Damn.  I'm disappointed.  I thought it might be deception/misdirection.

Hubris is unfortunate.

It was, in a sense. But they made something complicated when they should have made the easy play. 

As the philosopher Bruce Lee once said, "The art of perfection is in the taking away, not in adding." Never opt for complexity over simplicity... it's a false concept of strength.

Consider it a learning lesson... They won't make the same mistake again, I think. The Hawks are a dynasty in the making, and these are the bumps along the way that happen. It's all part of their epic story for the Ages. It's the Heroes Journey.

4 minutes ago, oldnews said:

^ Thank you.  That one is finally answered.

Ok. 

Spice Girls vs All Saints.

SG get rekt?

all-saints-151701.jpg

Wow... That's a blast from the past. I forgot all about them.

I guess my answer would be, "Porque no los dos?" There's enough of me to go around or die trying.

Ultimately, I've never been a big poster or singer lech.... but Kate Beckinsale? That's pretty much my perfect woman.

14 minutes ago, theminister said:

Wow... That's a blast from the past. I forgot all about them.

I guess my answer would be, "Porque no los dos?" There's enough of me to go around or die trying.

Ultimately, I've never been a big poster or singer lech.... but Kate Beckinsale? That's pretty much my perfect woman.

Me either, but myself, I'd def be leaning Saint side (beyond that, could not choose)

"All the answers to my questions, I have to find."

https://youtu.be/nPXqkjpXZ_k

And the Canadian girls, of course...  For me, latest crush is Eva Lilly...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived