The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Gamecenter. All home games blacked out ? or what...

MaxVerstappen33

I had it a few years back, and yes, local games were blacked out.  Great for those out of town, but if they still black it out, I can't see why it's any good for those in BC, unless you are willing to wait 24 hrs to watch it.

I did not expect every single home game to be blacked out. So far, they have been. Is this normal ? If so, time to cancel.

Anyone else have this ? Do I have to pay extra for home games ?

If you're on NHL.com and you are looking at the scores ribbon at the top, the 'Gamecentre' toggle button is usually not there for the Canucks game, but is for other games, so it makes it look like you can't watch. However, if you click on the box score, underneath the score of the game there is a 'Watch' button. If you click on that, it will take you to the game. 

its been fun watching them...I have no reason to watch them now for the short term.  I was a McDavid doubter, did not believe he would be such a game changer for the Oil

Yah but even with McJesus, the Coilers are only marginally better. They still have a losing record with him contributing as much as he did.

I had it a few years back, and yes, local games were blacked out.  Great for those out of town, but if they still black it out, I can't see why it's any good for those in BC, unless you are willing to wait 24 hrs to watch it.

So you recall all of them being blacked .. This really sucks.  I thought just a few would be. Ugggffffkkkkkk

If you're on NHL.com and you are looking at the scores ribbon at the top, the 'Gamecentre' toggle button is usually not there for the Canucks game, but is for other games, so it makes it look like you can't watch. However, if you click on the box score, underneath the score of the game there is a 'Watch' button. If you click on that, it will take you to the game. 

Im getting the big "This is not available in your region"

And it trolls me into thinking i will have the game right up until it starts.

Maybe i should lie about my address. wonder if that works

I did not expect every single home game to be blacked out. So far, they have been. Is this normal ? If so, time to cancel.

Not just home games...all games that are on local Sportsnet channels...only national games (HNIC, Hometown hockey) are streamed.  Wasn't the case last season...got all games on Gamecentre.  Maybe it has something to do with the games not being sell outs?  

You should have read the FAQ: https://neulion.hs.llnwd.net/e1/nhl/player/nhlgc2/help.htm

Can I watch my local team play? Can I watch nationally televised games? 

Due to local blackout rules and regulations, games broadcasts that are available to watch on television in your local market and nationally televised games are not available to watch live or within 48 hours of game completion in NHL GameCenter LIVE™ (see below for other blackout scenarios). 

Why am I unable to watch a game in NHL GameCenter LIVE™? 

A game may not be available to watch live or within 48 hours of completion if it meets any of the below criteria:

1. Your local team is playing and televising the game on a local over-the-air station and you are located within that station's signal.
  2. Your local team is playing and televising the game on a local regional sports network and your cable or satellite system falls within the distribution for that local regional sports network (regardless of whether your cable or satellite system actually carries that regional sports network.)
  3. Your local team is playing and there is no local television coverage of the game
  4. The game is being televised nationally - In the U.S., this includes NBC, the NBC Sports Network, and the NHL Network. In Canada, this includes CBC, TSN, and the NHL Network.

I had shaw and it was normal to have them blacked out. Its only worth it if you're into watching alot of other teams play.

Archived