The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ex Canuck Weise On Fire

ex-canuck you say?  this is canucks talk. I did not click on freaking canucks talk to read about ex-canucks

Why don't you go away? Dale Weise was a Canuck and we Canuck fans routed for him and railed against him, but ultimately he was a Canuck. Tiger Williams, Gary Lupul and Harold Snepts were Canucks and are a part of Canuck existence and always will be. Once a Canuck, always part of the Canucks story!

ex-canuck you say?  this is canucks talk. I did not click on freaking canucks talk to read about ex-canucks

You write "ex-Canuck" in the title and then put it in "Canucks Talk". 

Brilliant. 

On topic though, I was a bit nervous trading him, as he was doubling his previous career best at the time. Looks like he continued on that path.

Why don't you go away? Dale Weise was a Canuck and we Canuck fans routed for him and railed against him, but ultimately he was a Canuck. Tiger Williams, Gary Lupul and Harold Snepts were Canucks and are a part of Canuck existence and always will be. Once a Canuck, always part of the Canucks story!

Instead of childishly telling someone to go away perhaps learn the forum rules. This isnt Canucks talk. 

I really liked this guy, wish we would've kept him. I knew he had more than he was showing when here. 8 goals already.

I liked Weise a lot as well...Dutch Gretzky doing his thing I guess.

I also liked Weise and thought he could be valuable with the right coach. Torts was not the right coach and wanted Weise to be a goon who would occasionally be allowed to try to raise his game to the level of a 4th line grinder. The Canucks gave him away for almost nothing (Diaz, who they later traded for a low 5th round pick).

Montreal has treated him like a solid bottom 6 winger who can provide secondary scoring and contribute to both the physical game and the speed game. Too bad Willie D. did not get a chance to work with him. Playing with McCann on the 4th line he could have been valuable.

Not sure why some fans hated him when he was on the Canucks.  He pretty much just played the same role that Dorsett does now.... yet he got bashed for being a bad enforcer... even though he's not one. 

I was disappointed he got traded, not because I believe he could be as effective as he is now, but he's the type of player you want on your 4th line.  Hits, provides energy, could be on the PK, drops the gloves if needed and put up some points here and there. 

Not sure why some fans hated him when he was on the Canucks. 

'cause he was the definition of white privilege  Montreal has no problem with managing egomaniacs, but our locker room 'aint got  no time fo' that.

same way phil kessel,no matter what he brings, makes us a worse team.

Agreed. I was always pleased with his play and demeanor. A nice fit for us during that transitioning period. Apart from the points (I believe he potted a couple goals in consecutive games versus Nashville), his highlight was fighting Nathan Horton in the first matchup between the Bruins and Canucks (Jan 7, 2012) following the 2011 SCF. Owing to the fact that the Canucks were then billed as a favourite to return to the SCF, I had a keen eye for what he brought to a strong contender.

Anyway, moving on to the present, good for him. Let's see if he can keep it up!

Archived