The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congrats to Lu - moving up in all time wins - Luuuu

Rate this topic

gizmo2337

Lu will be moving into number 8 (alone) in the next few games. The names he has passed recently are not small ones, and he has a few more seasons for sure: Vernon, Hasek, Osgood, Fuhr

Miller, Fleury, and Lundquist are still moving up as well, but at least a season behind.

On 11/16/2015 6:48:21, thema said:

Curious tidbit: both Lou and Miller have very similar numbers this year on their respective teams (which are roughly of equal quality). Neither could be considered "elite" by any definition at this time.

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but Lou is currently posting a .926 save percentage. I'd say that's pretty close to being elite in this league right now.

In comparison, Miller is currently posting a .912 save percentage which is definitely more average (though by no means bad and I think he's been one of the best Canucks so far this season).

Funny those weren't the numbers when I checked; maybe I misread them. You are right; .926 is very good.

Strange to think that unless they make the playoffs this year Lou will have played the equivalent of EIGHT seasons with them where they haven't made the playoffs. despite playing the best hockey of his career with them.

16 minutes ago, thema said:

Funny those weren't the numbers when I checked; maybe I misread them. You are right; .926 is very good.

Strange to think that unless they make the playoffs this year Lou will have played the equivalent of EIGHT seasons with them where they haven't made the playoffs. despite playing the best hockey of his career with them.

lol .928 now after yesterdays game, although in a losing game.

Edited by JV77

On 21/11/2015, 18:33:12, debluvscanucks said:

panthers_39450.jpg

Sad....look at the value they get and no one shows up.  Yet here, you're lucky to get one seat for that price.

At first, I thought it was a pretty hot deal. Then I noticed its two tickets to **3** games!!!!!!!! I looked it up to confirm, and it's not just any three games, it's any three of your choice! You can't tell me that the other stuff adds up to less than $20? 5$ t-shirt(s), an almost free puck, free photo and a park pass for less than 5$? Those NHL tickets are worth less than a WHL game here in BC....  LESS THAN A WHL GAME!!!!!  I'm not sure whether to rant, or book a plane to Florida?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

At first, I thought it was a pretty hot deal. Then I noticed its two tickets to **3** games!!!!!!!! I looked it up to confirm, and it's not just any three games, it's any three of your choice! You can't tell me that the other stuff adds up to less than $20? 5$ t-shirt(s), an almost free puck, free photo and a park pass for less than 5$? Those NHL tickets are worth less than a WHL game here in BC....  LESS THAN A WHL GAME!!!!!  I'm not sure whether to rant, or book a plane to Florida?

This is where you can buy season tickets for 250 too.  With revenue sharing, our top Dollars pay for these joke franchises to exist.  

Luongo could easily finish his career with the 3rd most wins in the history of the game. That's insane. Also, he'll probably finish with a better save percentage that #1 and #2.

He's 81 wins away from 3rd and still 36 years old. I could see Luongo playing until he turns 40. 4 more seasons, he only needs to rack up 20 odd wins here and there and he'll be 3rd. That Florida team will be pretty strong in a few years time, if Luongo can earn a realistic 15 more wins this season, 20 the next season, 25 the year after that and then 20 in his final season he'll end up being pretty damn close.

On November 8, 2015 at 10:46:22 PM, Westcoasting said:

run out of town? lol, he was under contract for a long time but wanted to play in Florida. How is that getting run out of town?

i hope sometime in the future that both Cujo and Lui get in to the HOF despite no veins or a cup... Both big time goalies on unfortunate teams at the time.

Personally, I hope neither make it, provided Lu doesn't win a cup in the meantime. It's an exclusive club. Luongo was an allstar and elite starter for a handful of years (his 06-07 was legendary), but that doesn't sit you alongside the greats for the rest of history, sorry. Same with Cujo. Great goalie, but no...

26 minutes ago, fagin said:

At 36 Lou would still be an upgrade in goal for the Canucks,..............oh !  how one could wish.

Watched him play on tv for the first time this season, and he isn't showing any signs of slowing down whatsoever.  When he is on, he is still one the best goalies in game.

• Upvote 2