The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are your untouchables in the organization?

i wouldnt trade Virtanen,  hes gonna be a better all round player than mackinnon. plus horvat has potential to be a bergeron which is hard to find. 

1. He will not be better than MacKinnon. Nathan's gonna be almost as good as Tavares. 

Edit: oh, misread your comment, thought you said that Jake would turn into a Bergeron. 

I stand and by my point though; Nathan may very well have a better career than Tavares. MacKinnon out scored John as a rookie, he has crazy high potential. It took Tavares five years to turn into a >point per game player. 

1. He will not be better than MacKinnon. Nathan's gonna be almost as good as Tavares. 

2. Patrice Bergeron is a horrible comparison, they don't have the same play style or even play the same position. 

btw bergeron is a center what kinda drugs are you sniffing and mackinnon isnt a tavares 

I've learned to roll with the punches and "accept the things I cannot change".

I saw Trevor Linden go.  Geroy Simon.  Nothing surprises me anymore and change is something to embrace, even if it's painful and difficult. 

If Burr goes, I go.

I've learned to roll with the punches and "accept the things I cannot change".

I saw Trevor Linden go.  Geroy Simon.  Nothing surprises me anymore and change is something to embrace, even if it's painful and difficult.

If Burr goes, I go.

Really deb? C'mon girl! He's just one player.

Really deb? C'mon girl! He's just one player.

agreed it will happen eventually but id trade higgins and hansen before burrows  we need defensive depth  weber and hamhuis have no place on team  hammer couldnt buy a goal if he wanted and making 4.5 mill is utter waste of a big piece of cap

agreed it will happen eventually but id trade higgins and hansen before burrows  we need defensive depth  weber and hamhuis have no place on team  hammer couldnt buy a goal if he wanted and making 4.5 mill is utter waste of a big piece of cap

I like Hansen's speed and tenacity though. He is a competitor and has a fire in him. as for the defense, I agree with you. Hamhuis looks to have lost another step and Benning was smart not to resign him. Weber is just not going to cut it on this team.

He needs to go. Biega or Pedan are far better options at this point.

I'm getting tired of watching players like Weber, who don't put in a consistent effort on the ice. I've had enough of that with the Canucks. I mean, Kesler pissed me off to no end when he left, but he always was giving a consistently high level of effort every shift.

I like Hansen's speed and tenacity though. He is a competitor and has a fire in him. as for the defense, I agree with you. Hamhuis looks to have lost another step and Benning was smart not to resign him. Weber is just not going to cut it on this team.

He needs to go. Biega or Pedan are far better options at this point.

I'm getting tired of watching players like Weber, who don't put in a consistent effort on the ice. I've had enough of that with the Canucks. I mean, Kesler pissed me off to no end when he left, but he always was giving a consistently high level of effort every shift.

ya i agree pedan should be up here  hamhuis is a bum  umm dont get me wrong i like hansen but we need to make some trades to get ryan pulock somehow from isles   

edler tanev

hutton pulock

sbisa pedan

bartoski  

would be amazing    hansen, higgins, burrows, vrbata weber hamhuis jensen shoukd all be on table for getting picks and pulock   shinkaruk and gaunce are gonna be ready soon for nhl as well 

Anyone can and should be traded if they play poorly. I know Horvat was supposed to be our future captain but he's having a pretty bad year so far, I wouldn't be against trading him for another franchise center if the price was right...

That being said, I like to think you build a Cup winning team around a core of 7 players. Two centers, two wingers, two defencemen and a goalie. Here are some of our potential core-7s:

Horvat, McCann, Virtanen, Baertschi/Shinkaruk/Boeser, Hutton, Tanev, Markstrom/Demko

Pretty comparable to some other cores around the league, and we have some very nice complementary players like Gaunce as well.

id trade any of sedins, vrbata, hamhuis, hansen, higgins, weber, burrows, bartoski.  

For the right price but id build team around virt, horvat, mccann shinkaruk, hutton, tanev, edler, baertchi,demko, markstrom, gaunce, prust. 

ya we know your team, no one would be over 21.

If he turns 22 trade him, amirite?

i wouldnt trade Virtanen,  hes gonna be a better all round player than mackinnon. plus horvat has potential to be a bergeron which is hard to find. 

This isn't a popularity contest. Us fans get way too emotionally attach to certain players. I like both Jake and Bo as much as the next guy, but if this opportunity presented itself.  I would take this deal, and wouldn't look back.

Especially in our situation, where we don't have a true number one defensemen and a replacement for Henrik. Adding either Ekblad or MacKinnon would instantly fix one of those issues.

This isn't a popularity contest. Us fans get way too emotionally attach to certain players. I like both Jake and Bo as much as the next guy, but if this opportunity presented itself.  I would take this deal, and wouldn't look back.

Especially in our situation, where we don't have a true number one defensemen and a replacement for Henrik. Adding either Ekblad or MacKinnon would instantly fix one of those issues.

id rather draft a number 1 d or center no need to trade the next bertuzzi in jake for  them draft or   maybe mccann horvat become that guy 

id rather draft a number 1 d or center no need to trade the next bertuzzi in jake for  them draft or   maybe mccann horvat become that guy 

Neither Jake or Bo has the same quality skillset as MacKinnon. He's already Colorado's best player, at the age of 20, and has overtaken Duchene as their top centermen.

The question should not be who's untouchable, it should be who are we going to build around for our future foundation. Mccann(scoring centre) horvat(two way centre) gaunce and virtanen(power wingers) shinks and boeser(scoring wingers) hutton(1st pair dman) demko(starting goalie). To me hutton, mccann, horvat, virtanen, demko are the key building blocks. Sedins tanev edler should be the vets that stay no matter what (we should want to stay competitive during the transition). A stud dman in my eyes is the only thing we are short of.......if we are trading for a blue chip dman id prefer a vet plus pick or something along those lines then youth for youth

People seem to be missing CanucksJay's point.

Demko isn't untouchable if the price is right. 

He made an example in which he'd give up Demko for Jones.  The question whether Nashville would make the trade doesn't affect the point that it means Demko isn't untouchable.  If the return is sufficient, no player is untouchable.

I'll make another absurd example.  Would you give up Horvat?  Is he untouchable?

What if you were offered Ekblad or Eichel or McDavid, even up for Horvat?   I'm not asking if Florida or Buffalo or Edmonton would make those offers.  I'm asking if you'd take any one or more of those offers if  made.  If so, then Horvat isn't untouchable-there are offers that if made would be accepted.

Perhaps the problem is the word "untouchable."  There can and are players that a team values so highly that a team seeking to trade for them would have to overpay.

There untouchable because the Canucks wouldn't trade them unless we were robbing the other team. What's the chances of Horvat for Mcjesus or Ekblad Or Eichel, etc.??? None so that's basically why they are Untouchable. 

But U R right no one REALLY is untouchable If u put it that way....We were just being realistic...

Archived