The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows to meet with NHL re TooToo

Raspberries

Alex Burrows will meet with NHL officials on Friday in Toronto to discuss his exchange with Devils' Jordan Tootoo.

Seriously, how utterly ridiculous is this. Is the NHL now going to suspend Burrows for trash talking?? Is every NHL player going to receive the same idiotic treatment every time they say anything on the ice?? The NHL couldn't be making itself any more of a joke if it tried.

First thing I wanna say, Tootoo is a terrible hockey player that seeks attention, that scum is the epitome of terrible plugs. Second, if they are going to suspend Burrows, I'll make a big paragraph about how dumb it is. Yes, making rude remarks to your opponent is bad, but suspension over it while others are getting injured badly is a problem.

Alex Burrows will meet with NHL officials on Friday in Toronto to discuss his exchange with Devils' Jordan Tootoo.

Seriously, how utterly ridiculous is this. Is the NHL now going to suspend Burrows for trash talking?? Is every NHL player going to receive the same idiotic treatment every time they say anything on the ice?? The NHL couldn't be making itself any more of a joke if it tried.

If he said something that is against the NHL code of conduct, then absolutely. If not then no.

If inappropriate comments had been made publicly via an interview on microphone, I could understand. There is a necessity to maintain professionalism of the sport in the public eye. However, whatever was said as part of normal chirping belongs on the ice and should stay on the ice. It was not meant to be heard by anyone other than the two players. Surely the league has more important things to focus on?

Sticks and stones may break my bones...

:picard:

Unless every player in the league is officially "policed" for this kind of stuff, it seems unfair to target one guy -- Burr is not Sean Avery.   However, all the other crap after the whistle is worth re-thinking -- the cheapshots after scoring chances and the goalie run-ins etc. 

If inappropriate comments had been made publicly via an interview on microphone, I could understand. There is a necessity to maintain professionalism of the sport in the public eye. However, whatever was said as part of normal chirping belongs on the ice and should stay on the ice. It was not meant to be heard by anyone other than the two players. Surely the league has more important things to focus on?

Sticks and stones may break my bones...

:picard:

Mic's are everywhere, and players should still have some respect for each other to not be blatantly intolerant.

This league is truly run by a circus of fools.  With clear bias and intent bleeding through every seam, the game is suffering and the fans are reeling. The unabashed and in your face corruption is now a nightly display.  

Sadly the clowns in charge are neatly taking our money grinning from ear to ear while  we continue to lap up the sour milk.

You guys have no idea what Burrows said.

Sure this could be an overreaction by the NHL, but there are somethings that Burrows could have said to Tootoo regarding his personal life that I would 100% stand by the NHL with suspending him for saying.

And whose to say that meeting isn't just to get his side of the story?  Again, we don't know.

Let's wait and see.

Archived