The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rowan Atkinson Divorced in 65 Seconds-on Grounds of Unreasonable Behaviour

nucklehead

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/rowan-atkinson-divorced-in-65-seconds-20151110-gkvu1c.html

After 24 years of marriage, Mr Bean comedian Rowan Atkinson was divorced in record time.

His estranged wife Sunetra was granted a divorce in just 65 seconds on grounds of his 'unreasonable behaviour' after he left her for a comedy actress half his age.

Atkinson, 60, married the 54-year-old former BBC make-up artist in 1990 and the pair have two children together, Ben, 22, and Lily, 20.

The pair reportedly split last year and Atkinson has been dating actress Louise Ford, 32, for 18 months.

He should be ashamed of himself, but he won't. What a disgrace.

I loved his movies when I was young and it's really too bad that he is an idiot in real life.

How is he a 'disgrace'?  And why should he be 'ashamed of himself'? How is he 'an idiot in real life'? He and his wife separated and he then fell in love with someone else. If that's your measure of a man being a 'disgrace' then there are millions of men the world over who must be a 'disgrace' in your eyes.

The term "unreasonable behavior" is an interesting one as it applies in British Divorce Law -

REASONS FOR DIVORCE - UNREASONABLE BEHAVIOUR

As one of the reasons for divorce unreasonable behaviour is the most common ground for divorce in UK divorce law and solicitors are frequently asked what constitutes "unreasonable behaviour". As you will already know, divorce in England & Wales is based on "irretrievable breakdown" of the marriage but this breakdown must be proved by evidence of one of five "facts":-

(1) Adultery
(2) Unreasonable behaviour
(3) Desertion
(4) Two years' separation with consent
(5) Five years' separation without consent

Three of these grounds - desertion, two and five years' separation - involve considerable periods of delay before obtaining a divorce is possible at all. At least two years in the case of the first two and five years in the case of the last. Similarly, the parties cannot rely upon adultery in a divorce petition if there has been none. This means in a divorce unreasonable behaviour is the method of choice for most couples who want an "instant" divorce in cases where no adultery is involved.

http://www.terry.co.uk/unreasonable_behaviour.html

He should be ashamed of himself, but he won't. What a disgrace.

I loved his movies when I was young and it's really too bad that he is an idiot in real life.

If I'm not mistaken, Atkinson is actually a genius in real life. He's an Oxford-educated engineer with a sky high IQ and a unique talent for playing an idiot.

How is he a 'disgrace'?  And why should he be 'ashamed of himself'? How is he 'an idiot in real life'? He and his wife separated and he then fell in love with someone else. If that's your measure of a man being a 'disgrace' then there are millions of men the world over who must be a 'disgrace' in your eyes.

The term "unreasonable behavior" is an interesting one as it applies in British Divorce Law -

http://www.terry.co.uk/unreasonable_behaviour.html

If I'm not mistaken, Atkinson is actually a genius in real life. He's an Oxford-educated engineer with a sky high IQ and a unique talent for playing an idiot.

And now it's Dazzle who should be ashamed of himself.

Correct. He has a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering from Oxford University.

Being academically gifted doesn't stop someone from doing idiotic things. In other words, you could still be an idiot even though you're book smart.

How do you get divorced in 65 seconds? This is worse than the Kardashian's marriage of approximately 2 weeks, substantially.

Being academically gifted doesn't stop someone from doing idiotic things. In other words, you could still be an idiot even though you're book smart.

How do you get divorced in 65 seconds? This is worse than the Kardashian's marriage of approximately 2 weeks, substantially.

Uh...

His estranged wife Sunetra was granted a divorce in just 65 seconds on grounds of his 'unreasonable behaviour' after he left her for a comedy actress half his age.

Atkinson, 60, married the 54-year-old former BBC make-up artist in 1990 and the pair have two children together, Ben, 22, and Lily, 20.

The pair reportedly split last year and Atkinson has been dating actress Louise Ford, 32, for 18 months.

If you're going to repeatedly call someone an idiot, you should probably make sure you read the entire article.

Did you even read the story??????? It helps you not look quite so foolish in responses if you do.

Married 24 years.

Separated in 2014

Granted a divorce at the end of 2015

What part of this do you take issue with? It took the judge 65 seconds to sign off on a Divorce Decree.....obviously all the records were in order and there were grounds to grant it. How long does it take to sign your name on a piece of paper, Dazzle?

Uh...

If you're going to repeatedly call someone an idiot, you should probably make sure you read the entire article.

No kidding, eh? 

Uh...

Did you even read the story??????? It helps you not look quite so foolish in responses if you do.

Married 24 years.

Separated in 2014

Granted a divorce at the end of 2015

What part of this do you take issue with? It took the judge 65 seconds to sign off on a Divorce Decree.....obviously all the records were in order and there were grounds to grant it. How long does it take to sign your name on a piece of paper, Dazzle?

No kidding, eh? 

Well, I goofed.

I'll take back my original statement. As I said, I done goofed.

I guess you shouldn't come up with conclusions with a title that is easy to misunderstand.

Archived