The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Matt Duchene might be moved?

Pears

@Hope_Smoke: Mckenzie "Duchene in Colorado is a name ppl are keeping an eye on. They need a blueline and have a surplus up front."

@Hope_Smoke: Mckenzie RE Duchene "I don't think the coach is a big fan of him"

@Hope_Smoke: Mentioned how if Colorado moves Duchene, due to desperate need for D and surplus at F, ppl will wonder why they didn't hold on to ROR

Wow. I doubt Colorado moves Duchene but if they can get that defenceman they need I'm sure they would.

@Hope_Smoke: Mckenzie "Duchene in Colorado is a name ppl are keeping an eye on. They need a blueline and have a surplus up front."

@Hope_Smoke: Mckenzie RE Duchene "I don't think the coach is a big fan of him"

@Hope_Smoke: Mentioned how if Colorado moves Duchene, due to desperate need for D and surplus at F, ppl will wonder why they didn't hold on to ROR

Wow. I doubt Colorado moves Duchene but if they can get that defenceman they need I'm sure they would.

is he a light number one centre?  What would it take to get him?  I love Bo, but would he be a good piece to start?  Or, am I off my rocker? that's literal for me too.

Other than them being in the same division, if there is truth to this I could see Nashville being very interested. They haven't been getting much out of their centers this year.

Ryan Ellis + Gabriel Bourque + pick for Duchene? 

Maybe, but Colorado has more of a need for left D, as big of a hole as it would leave I'd strongly consider Edler for Duchene, but we might need to add a little more.

Other than them being in the same division, if there is truth to this I could see Nashville being very interested. They haven't been getting much out of their centers this year.

Ryan Ellis + Gabriel Bourque + pick for Duchene? 

I was actually just going to say Nashville for Ellis+ or Duchene + for Jones straight across.  Nabbing Jones + Mackinnon from that draft would be a huge coup for Colorado especially being a local boy.

Added you then reuinte Hodgson and Duchene who had such brilliant chemistry in junior.  Colorado can then work on drafting another solid center 

Unless we include our top prospects (Virtanen, McCann) or Horvat, I don't see it happening just by giving up Edler.

Would be nice to get Duchene though. He would be perfect for our PP and 3on3 problems.

hmmmmm maybe throw in Gaunce, that's the most I would go; I do see a potential with edler in it, just needs the right pieces with it. Not the prospects but the right pieces like maybe a Hansen or Vrbata. The deal could be made, or hey a Boeser would probaly get it done. Matt Duchene is a proven NHL stud, this is the type of move that is a game changer.

Archived