The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Matt Duchene might be moved?

Pears

There are some awful trades going on here lol.

Hamhuis is in a contract year, no? He holds limited value due to this and his age, if Colorado wants to fix their defense they will want a younger d-man that can fill the void for a long time.

Duchene may be struggling this year, but you can't neglect his prior success. 

Duchene is going to cost more than McCann and Hammer. 

Colorado is going to want a d-man similar to Duchene's value, think of the Jack Johnson for Jeff Carter trade; Carter wanted out and Columbus still got good value for him. 

I don't know all the d-men that are similar in value to Duchene and that are available, but Vancouver sure doesn't have any.

Edit: Niikita Zadorov is an unbelievable young d-man and was a huge part of the ROR deal...there's no way Colorado adds him into a deal with Duchene.

I'm all for giving them Edler + Cassels + 2nd rounder for Duchene. Just highly doubt Edler would waive his NTC. If he didn't want to waive it to go to Detroit a few years ago and play with all those Swedes I don't think Colorado will entice him enough. We'd have an excess in C down the middle which means we could later use Horvat or McCann down the road as a trading chip for a stud Dman. Boom! That's team built to win the cup

Edler is so meek that I imagine JB could put his grown up face and get Edler to do just about anything...use your imagination...anything.

I'm all for giving them Edler + Cassels + 2nd rounder for Duchene. Just highly doubt Edler would waive his NTC. If he didn't want to waive it to go to Detroit a few years ago and play with all those Swedes I don't think Colorado will entice him enough. We'd have an excess in C down the middle which means we could later use Horvat or McCann down the road as a trading chip for a stud Dman. Boom! That's team built to win the cup

2 moves make us younger but still competitive and maybe even better next year. (i think trying to rebuild and be totally hellbent on the playoffs is a stupid stratgey, and I am not proposing going full Edmonton or anything)

1. To COL : Edler + Cassels + Jensen     To VAN: Duchenne + 2nd

2. To ANA: Vrbata + Hansen + Hamhuis (max salary retained for remainder of 2016 season)+ 1st + Bartowski

To VAN: Theadore + Julius Nattinen (Canucks wanted to draft him)+ Cam Fowler

I expect they would covet a Dman in his prime or in the midst. 

Make no mistake, Matt Duchene is extremely talented, I could see this turning into a Segiun type deal.

You should never trade players with his talent, he just doesn't jive with Roy.

I'd change the coach before I dealt Duchene. 

I think Duchene is one of the most underrated players in the league. His speed is rightfully acknowledged, but his hands, puck protection and shot are not. I would be alright with bringing him over, but his long term cap hit is a slight concern. I'm not even sure if we have the pieces that Colorado would want. However, a future top-6 including Duchene would be amazing:

Duchene - Horvat - Virtanen

Shinkaurik - McCann - Boeser

Or if you want Duchene to be a centerman:

McCann - Duchene - Virtanen

Shinkaurik - Horvat - Boeser

Anyone proposing a Duchene to the Canucks is way off.

Colorado wants a young, top-4 defender to build around. This is also #1 on our list. We'd have to include Hutton or Tanev to make it happen, which would be quite stupid - especially considering we have a lot of good young centers already.

Honestly, when you think of the ultimate defenceman factory, it has to be Nashville.  I think they'd be the best trade partner here given the amount of defenceman that Nashville has.

How about...

Colorado receives:  Ryan Ellis, Cody Hodgson, 1st or 2nd round pick

Nashville receives:  Matt Duchene

Honestly, when you think of the ultimate defenceman factory, it has to be Nashville.  I think they'd be the best trade partner here given the amount of defenceman that Nashville has.

How about...

Colorado receives:  Ryan Ellis, Cody Hodgson, 1st or 2nd round pick

Nashville receives:  Matt Duchene

Im with you here. If the Duche gets traded I would say its for Jones and some change.

To Toronto

Gardiner, Kadri, pick. 

Calling it. 

I get the impression that Colorado is dangling Duchene to get a better D-man than Gardiner.

Nashville and New Jersey seem the best fits. New Jersey desperately needs a player like him, and has the chips (Larsson or Severson) to do it.

I get the impression that Colorado is dangling Duchene to get a better D-man than Gardiner.

Nashville and New Jersey seem the best fits. New Jersey desperately needs a player like him, and has the chips (Larsson or Severson) to do it.

Maybe you're right but I also wouldn't be surprised if they split the difference to get a forward back too.

Gardiner can certainly move the puck, something that Colorado could use, and I expect that Sweet Lou will be all over this offer. I don't think they'd give up Rielly but Toronto might move heaven and earth to make that deal work with every other piece. 

So, yeah...Colorado might be targeting another D but they could also just take the best package offered. 

Archived