The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning says Sedins will retire as Canucks

Gyllenhaal

Canucks GM Jim Benning tells TSN1200 in Ottawa that the Sedins will retire as Canucks. Hear Jim here: http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/benning-sedin-s-will-retire-as-canucks-1.392754 

I think its been generally known that they would retire in Vancouver based on how hard it would be to move them, but for Benning to come out and confirm it is great.

Henrik and Daniel are the two best players in Canuck history, and to have them retire here is great. They deserve everything they have earned and more. I think us as fans will only realize how truly special they were and the positive impact they had on the team and the community once they retire.

I think its been generally known that they would retire in Vancouver based on how hard it would be to move them, but for Benning to come out and confirm it is great.

Henrik and Daniel are the two best players in Canuck history, and to have them retire here is great. They deserve everything they have earned and more. I think us as fans will only realize how truly special they were and the positive impact they had on the team and the community once they retire.

If we're lucky they'll work for the team and continue being great ambassadors of the Canucks and the city.

This just increased their trade value! You always want what you can't have!

But seriously, the Sedins are basically the second coming of Gretzky x2 and the NHL will most-likely never come across this kind of talent again. The odds of another pair of twins making the NHL are 0 to none.

I hope they stay Canucks for life. 

No real surprise here, and it has always been their stated wish.  They are special players, and we won't see their like in a while.  To top it off they are excellent ambassadors, all round classy guys, and work hard to stay in shape and be game ready every season.  Complete pros. 

Public declaration by the GM?  That's the kiss of death, isn't it?

The Sedins finishing off their careers as Canucks?  Who would've guessed?  Seriously...we're lucky to have had the Sedins for the past 15 years.  Great players on the ice and even greater off the ice.

I thought the same thing: this coach is not going anywhere kind of thing.  I wonder if JB would change his mind if Nashville phoned and said they wanted the Twins, and would give up Seth Jones?

Before people start getting all gooey and saying that's only proper, or that it's wrong and they need to go.

Philly said the same about richards and Carter months after resigning them, and sooo many other examples of GMs saying this exact same thing.

While it's the right thing to say, who honestly knows if that's the case or even going to happen.

Archived