The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hit] Landeskog hits Marchand high and gets ejected, could face suspension

Odd.

You people disgust me. Celebrating someone else getting injured, no matter who they are, is deplorable behaviour even for sports fans, and...

Just kidding. Landeskog probably just said to himself "I don't care if I get suspended, that was totally worth it." Wasn't even a head hit, though.

Definitely glanced the head, but it looked like shoulder to shoulder on the replays. Need another angle from behind the net or something to be sure.

I don't really wish injury on any player, but for most players I both mean, and say, something like "that's tough, hope they're alright, don't miss too much time, etc etc...". For certain other players I'm indifferent.

Blind side. Principal point of contact was the head. Apparently there was no serious injury on the play, but we'll see.

Three games (more if Marchand sustained a concussion).

you can see Marchand sees him before the hit. It is from the side yes, but not blindsided. 

Main point of contact was top of the shoulder. Not the head. 

It does kinda look like he tried to take him out tho.  But it's Marchand so who gives a poop. 

I don't think there will be anything at all. 

1. Principle point of contact doesn't have to be the head for it to be illegal
  2. Shoulder to shoulder contact doesn't make it a legal hit
  3. Blind side is no longer in the rule book

I've attached the illegal check to the head rule, and the most important part here is the check must be squarely through the body. Landeskog doesn't to that but instead ends up making contract across the from of the body, and Marchand gets spun as a result.

There is head contact so he could get suspended, but it almost looks like Landeskog is trying to get out of the way. That's the confusing part, since it seems like he has him lined up but then tried to back out of going full force and ends up almost missing him.

rule-48.jpg

Archived