The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Offer B.Prust Contract Extension?

SilentSam

I think the Tittle says it all.

in my opinion Mr. Prust and Mr. Dorsett are both great assets for the youth movement Mr. Benning has created. I do not see Mr. Prust as a "rental" player, but one of substance. His time on the PK has impressed me.  Might be opportunistic to pose the offer, and gather his thoughts. Then its known if he wants to stay or be moved?

Absolutely without question. Dorsett and most surprisingly Kracknell are bringing it every game. Both are turning out to be fits on the team.

Prust on the other hand, is on a level of his own. Coming in with his new team and asserting the tone right away helped the Canucks immensely early on. With Prust's and Sbisa's absence, the team is playing much softer than it was designed. No one has really replaced Prust so far, electing to work by committee.

Higgins on the 4th line is not a good idea as Dorsett and Kracknell are more than capable of playing with McCann. Higgins is too soft, Kracknell is gritty enough but Prust brings a game very few players bring in this day and age.

This is a must re-sign. Prust's absence is proof.

Absolutely without question. Dorsett and most surprisingly Kracknell are bringing it every game. Both are turning out to be fits on the team.

Prust on the other hand, is on a level of his own. Coming in with his new team and asserting the tone right away helped the Canucks immensely early. With Prust's and Sbisa's absence, the team is playing much softer than it was designed. No one has really replaced Prust so far, electing to work by committee.

Higgins on the 4th line is not a good idea as Dorsett and Kracknell are more than capable of playing with McCann. Higgins is too soft, Kracknell is gritty enough but Prust brings a game very few players bring in this day and age.

This is a must sign. Prust's absence is proof.

im actually hoping this starts the "extension" petition for B.P. ;)

maybe we take the thread to "Change.org"?

Yes for the right price based on his performance for the rest of the season, the playoffs, and Stanley Cup finals. (hopefully)

Prust on the other hand, is on a level of his own. Coming in with his new team and asserting the tone right away helped the Canucks immensely early. With Prust's and Sbisa's absence, the team is playing much softer than it was designed. No one has really replaced Prust so far, electing to work by committee.

This is a must sign. Prust's absence is proof.

Yeah Prust and Sbisa did a good job wearing the other teams down.

I would be SHOCKED if Prust stays here. 100% for family reasons I bet he signs east and askes for a FULL NTC.

He will likely take a paycut to get a NTC but while being engaged and planning a wedding I doubt he wants to potentially be another trade piece next deadline.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Montreal.. Especially since Kassian has been a dud thus far.

I would be SHOCKED if Prust stays here. 100% for family reasons I bet he signs east and askes for a FULL NTC.

He will likely take a paycut to get a NTC but while being engaged and planning a wedding I doubt he wants to potentially be another trade piece next deadline.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Montreal.. Especially since Kassian has been a dud thus far.

Some one on another thread they had heard his fiancé was interviewing for a job in Vancouver... Perhaps our mild winters can warm up the family/ personal aspect.  I'd like to keep him here on his overall merit value to the club.

We'll see if he's worth it. We've only seen a sample of what he can do. If our winning percentage is significantly better with him in the line-up, then yes. For the right price of course. 3 years 2.5 mil per. But it's too early to even make a suggestion of how much he should make, it's still too early to make any quality judgments regarding the future of Prust in Vancouver. 

2 yrs, 3mil no NTC?

Time it so that it runs out near the time that we have to re-sings Virtanen, McCaan and Hutton (think it's 2 years from now?)

We have the cap to pay for Prust as we are just going to be gaining space as players contracts end, (Hamhuis,Vrbata,Miller etc.)

Archived