The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shooting & Explosions in France

Tortorella's Rant

I understand.  You are a conspiracy theorist.  Who built the pyramids?  What about Stone Henge?  Did Abraham, Christ, and Muhammed truly live?  

Sorry no conspiracy here. Just the facts in front of your face.   If you do no realize that the entire conflict in the middle east over the past 60 years has been fanned by America and Russia to the point at which we are  at now then I cant help you understand.

No puppet leaders, no economic sanctions, no selling of weapons, no invasions,  no death tool over 500,000 over the last 2 wars started by Amercia in the middle east. No nothing to see here just bury your head in the sand like the rest of  America and believe you are fighting for truth and freedom.

http://i.imgur.com/Ak5ADTu.gif

Sorry no conspiracy here. Just the facts in front of your face.   If you do no realize that the entire conflict in the middle east over the past 60 years has been fanned by America and Russia to the point at which we are  at now then I cant help you understand.

No puppet leaders, no economic sanctions, no selling of weapons, no invasions,  no death tool over 500,000 over the last 2 wars started by Amercia in the middle east. No nothing to see here just bury your head in the sand like the rest of  America and believe you are fighting for truth and freedom.

why do you exclude the British and the French?  They have (had) control over far more of that territory than the US and Russia.

why do you exclude the British and the French?  They have (had) control over far more of that territory than the US and Russia.

They are definitely not innocent but weren't the ones selling millions of rifles, thousands of tanks and vehicles to help the entire region blast each other into oblivion.

Britain and France are nothin but America's lackeys when it comes to international conflict and will basically be led by their noses into any fight America wishes to start.

Of course we today would be calling for any man's neck, who consummated a marriage with a little girl, or charged into battle demanding the heads of those who did not believe as he did.  

I have no idea why you padded your post with that irrelevant stuff about fossil fuels. We are discussing Islam.

So today, as in literally today in 2015, we have people who literally believe Muhammad is the ideal man -- including his pedophile actions, include his beheadings, including everything -- and you're saying that sort of behaviour is inexcusable today? meaning, it's incompatible with Western society? 

So, in other words, if a Muslim takes the Quran literally, as many do, then we must sit them down and pat them on their stupid little heads and tell them that no, Muhammad's actions are not congruent with society today. In other-other words, you are making a judgment on the actions of Muhammad being incompatible with western civilization, and are therefore making that same judgment on a contemporary Muslim who believes Muhammad is the ideal Muslim and his classic brand of Islam should be emulated in the world

Thank you, that was my entire point. 

They are definitely not innocent but weren't the ones selling millions of rifles, thousands of tanks and vehicles to help the entire region blast each other into oblivion.

Britain and France are nothin but America's lackeys when it comes to international conflict and will basically be led by their noses into any fight America wishes to start.

me thinks you need to review the history of this region over the last 150 years.  The people of that region were sliced and diced by the British and French long before the US and Russia became involved.  

me thinks you need to review the history of this region over the last 150 years.  The people of that region were sliced and diced by the British and French long before the US and Russia became involved.  

lol  I am well aware of the history of that region and i am focusing on the last 50-60 yrs as the French and British did not supply the peoples with millions of weapons to destroy each other. 

War = Profit

http://www.businessinsider.com/arms-sales-by-the-us-and-russia-2014-8

http://foreignpolicy.com/2014/10/06/where-does-the-islamic-state-get-its-weapons/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/23/the-18bn-arms-race-middle-east-russia-iran-iraq-un

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/10/20111019152444131301.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/27/world/middleeast/us-foreign-arms-sales-reach-66-3-billion-in-2011.html?_r=0

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-22906965

But sure omit what you want and carry on...... 

I have no idea why you padded your post with that irrelevant stuff about fossil fuels. We are discussing Islam.

So today, as in literally today in 2015, we have people who literally believe Muhammad is the ideal man -- including his pedophile actions, include his beheadings, including everything -- and you're saying that sort of behaviour is inexcusable today? meaning, it's incompatible with Western society? 

So, in other words, if a Muslim takes the Quran literally, as many do, then we must sit them down and pat them on their stupid little heads and tell them that no, Muhammad's actions are not congruent with society today. In other-other words, you are making a judgment on the actions of Muhammad being incompatible with western civilization, and are therefore making that same judgment on a contemporary Muslim who believes Muhammad is the ideal Muslim and his classic brand of Islam should be emulated in the world

Thank you, that was my entire point. 

so we agree.  Now you need to come to the realization that the vast majority of modern followers of Islam are not Jihadists.  

Also, 1500 years from now there will most likely be laws - that if applied to you today - would make you a criminal.  There are certain laws which will transcend eras - sleeping with little girls for one - but there will be laws in the future we cannot conceptualize today.  This is why we don't judge people from 1500 years ago by our current laws.  

One: don't include all Muslims in your statement.

Two: laws don't transfer well from across eras.

lol  I am well aware of the history of that region and i am focusing on the last 50-60 yrs as the French and British did not supply the peoples with millions of weapons to destroy each other. 

War = Profit

http://www.businessinsider.com/arms-sales-by-the-us-and-russia-2014-8

http://foreignpolicy.com/2014/10/06/where-does-the-islamic-state-get-its-weapons/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/23/the-18bn-arms-race-middle-east-russia-iran-iraq-un

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/10/20111019152444131301.html

But sure omit what you want and carry on...... 

my guess is you are a very young person, who is full of passionate beliefs.  That is an admirable quality.  Remember also that the last 50 years has seen the development of huge international corporations, which have many of their roots in old and very powerful European families.  You might also want to consider that it is these families who control what occurs in the territory of which you speak, more nations' names?

my guess is you are a very young person, who is full of passionate beliefs.  That is an admirable quality.  Remember also that the last 50 years has seen the development of huge international corporations, which have many of their roots in old and very powerful European families.  You might also want to consider that it is these families who control what occurs in the territory of which you speak, more nations' names?

:picard:

Ah yes you know what they say about assuming right ?  Dodge the facts all you want.

Keep eating those freedom fries Alfy.

so we agree.  Now you need to come to the realization that the vast majority of modern followers of Islam are not Jihadists.  

I don't need to come to that realization because I never suggested, or even implied that the vast majority of muslims are Jihadists - that doesn't change the fact that the Quran is hinged on jihad and violence, mind you, but since Muslims, like most religious people, are absurd hypocrites, that isn't much of a point. 

I very explicitly said I was speaking about those who DO take the book (too) seriously to the point where they and their idiotic theocratic beliefs contradict non-negotiable principles of western civilization. 

12240879_831215510331389_893591811156621

Just a little perspective for people to think about.

Basically this..

At least we know how many people were dead/injured in Paris whereas those other places on the left constantly burning in rubble we literally have no clue. The only thing we know is from rough estimates to how many innocent people have been killed in the war on terror or even in places like Palestine. 

The death/injured ratio in the West compared to the Middle East is deeply disturbing.. 

Why is it ok for innocent civilians to be killed in the Middle East, but not ok in the West? Are those people not humans like us? Not to discredit the attacks in Paris but just because French culture has greatly influenced Western civilization doesn't mean it should discredit other mass killings like one poster mentioned.. 

Human lives and security > culture 

The end times are indeed upon us.

Basically this..

At least we know how many people were dead/injured in Paris whereas those other places on the left constantly burning in rubble we literally have no clue. The only thing we know is from rough estimates to how many innocent people have been killed in the war on terror or even in places like Palestine. 

The death/injured ratio in the West compared to the Middle East is deeply disturbing.. 

Why is it ok for innocent civilians to be killed in the Middle East, but not ok in the West? Are those people not humans like us? Not to discredit the attacks in Paris but just because French culture has greatly influenced Western civilization doesn't mean it should discredit other mass killings like one poster mentioned.. 

Human lives and security > culture 

The end times are indeed upon us.

I don't know much about prophecy, but I do know people have been killing one another since the dawn of time.  It was wrong then, and it is wrong now.  

So what does the word anti-semitic mean? By definition it too is incorrect as many races and ethnicities practice Judaism just like Islam. 

But you see people having no issues using that word, but when someone uses Islamophobia or anything of that nature they're wrong and narrow minded who probably support extremists :rolleyes:

IMO anti-semitic is such an outdated term as not everyone from the Jewish faith is of semitic origin. 

That is why the word "Islamophobia" makes sense.. as it encompasses many people without actually picking a certain ethnicity incorrectly and trying to brand everyone as such.. 

To the reflect with the times and current demographics why not use the word "jewophobia" or something to address anti-jewish sentiments. 

Lol?

Why don't you show me where I said anything like that, that's pretty wild.

I don't hold it against anyone who uses that word, because they are under the impression they making a statement against bigotry/racism, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not their fault, its a misunderstanding.

I've taken it upon myself to be helpful, people deserve to know the origins and purpose of this word.

Lol?

Why don't you show me where I said anything like that, that's pretty wild.

I don't hold it against anyone who uses that word, because they are under the impression they making a statement against bigotry/racism, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not their fault, its a misunderstanding.

I've taken it upon myself to be helpful, people deserve to know the origins and purpose of this word.

If your goal is to inform people, posting The Rebel as a legitimate source of.. anything is quite counter-productive. 

Archived